Thursday, March 4, 2010

welp, I'm 35.

This post is going to be pretty darn self absorbed I think. I say that now though, and 10 lines from now I'll probably be on a completely different subject. I'm thinking that lack of focus has something to do with the fact that I'm 35.

I turned 35. I keep saying it as a way to make it more of a reality to me I think. When I was 25, I remember getting my final divorce papers and wishing that I could just be 35 to get past all the hard stuff. I specifically remembering thinking that life has to be more settled when you are 35, thus easier than 25. In retrospect, I'm declaring that to be a half true statement.

Mentally, I'm more settled. Physically, I'm definitely NOT more settled. Feeling strong in my abilities is easier, following through with all of what is required of me, is however not.

I can say one thing for absolute certainty though. I could not have handled my three babies at a younger age, such as 25. NO WAY. I think being 35 is an absolute blessing in that regard. In all of the ways that they are testing me lately, they wouldn't have made it out alive 10 years ago! OR........... perhaps the triple energy I had back then would have made me a better mom? I guess 'absolute certainty' isn't so absolute is it? I guess we'll never know.

What I do know at this ripe old age of 35 is that I'm beyond blessed. To know that I have such amazing people in my life that care so deeply about me, my family, and our well being is enough to make me want to embrace getting older. If for no other reason than to be able to spend more time with these wonderful people.

I had a wonderful birthday of being spoiled through out the day by Robert... Sushi, hair products, really 'Juicy Couture' sunglasses. The day ended with a Happy Birthday Banner, beautiful cards and an inside taco bell picnic with my babies! The day after my birthday was a thoughtful and so FUN party put together by my best friends Anissa and Becky ( complimented with help from mom and Robert! ) About 30 people gathered at El Torito in a special off the bar room ( I felt so important! ) for drinks and appetizers. I had anxiety all day leading up to the attention being for me, but a couple of Mango Margaritas down, and I was good to go!

I will forever remember my 35th birthday for SO many reasons!!













No comments: