Friday, November 20, 2009

MUCH better!

It's very common, and I'm sure just general human nature for most people to talk about difficult times and situations they are faced with more often than positive and uplifting times and situations.

Two posts ago, I did exactly that. Now, I would like to do a follow up post, this one being much more positive - however still quite honest.

Shortly after that post, Robert and I had hit rock bottom. We experienced feelings and decisions that broke us down. Actually, and more accurately temporarily completely broke us. The key word there I'm happy to say though, is 'temporarily'. We've compared our recent journey to a drug addict hitting rock bottom before their individual life changes take place. This may sound extreme, however to me appropriate due to the significant life change that came with the situation. Whether our family of 5 dissolved as we knew it, or things changed for the better - it was that significant.

We have both had individual epiphany's that have brought our friendship back. Our relationship had lost it's much needed friendship base along the way, but with our amazing friendship that we do share, we are happily working on it daily and enjoying doing so. Something is different. I love it and have feelings of pride and happiness every single day. ( I sadly hadn't been able to say that for a long time )

Marriage is not easy and often not even very fun. Everyday hasn't been and wont be perfect, but my glass seems to be half full now instead of half empty - what a wonderful change!!!!

2 comments:

Anissa said...

Im SO happy to read this post. It's fantastic and very true!!

I love all of the Beard's! MUAH!

MomMeMe said...

So glad things are on the mend...both of you need to stay connected...honest...and don't forget to say I Love You!!!!the kids will embrace those three little words so much! Love all of you...& don't sweat the small stuff!XOXOX Lets have a nice Thanksgiving- eat, take a walk, games, movie, football....whatever