Tuesday, November 10, 2009

what happened?

My blog used to mean everything to me. I can't believe I've let it go so badly. I feel like I've let quite a few things go lately though..... time to get back on track.

Looking back on the last month, so many good things stand out about my awesome kids.

Kyla is just continuing to impress and overwhelm me with her knowledge and understanding of things. The books she reads is just phenomenal and her printing is just remarkable. She loves school and she loves her "friends." She doesn't like me to walk her in anymore, so when we get to a safe spot near the gate she says: "Ok, mom - this is far enough, give me a quick hug" and off she goes. :( She is also very very very bossy these days, and has taken on the skill of back talking much stronger than before. She doesn't know who she is dealing with when it comes to debating... I don't lose. LOL She only has 2 soccer games left - that season went by so quickly!

Although Kade has been very Kade-ish at times, most other times he has been absolutely the sweetest little man on the planet. He has really taken on the responsibility of making sure Jack is taken care of and happy. He's trying to teach him how to swing himself, he makes sure that he gives him hugs and tells him that he's his friend and he loves him, even if he says he's not sometimes. If Jack is upset about something, Kade begs me to just "give it to him" or give in to whatever it is that Jack is wanting. He's given him shirts off of his back, last pieces of candy, extra toys and several other things. It warms my heart. Of course, several minutes later he will punch him in the face with a closed fist. Brothers - I love it. OH, probably the thing that stands out the most about Kade right now is that he lives upside down. Literally, every piece of furniture he walks up to, he has to get on it with his legs above his head. ALL THE TIME. Sometimes it's funny... sometimes, not so much.

I think I need to start calling Jack the 'gentle giant' My baby is SO big and strong, yet so soft and caring. One minute he will be boxing with his daddy and the next minute he has a brush ready and a pillow on his little lap ready for me to lay down on so he can brush my hair. He does a really really good job too. He keeps saying: " is that ok? does that hurt? " lol Robert and I took him with us out to meet a couple of Robert's friends for a drink last week and he LOVED being the only kid with us. The whole way there he kept saying: "I love going with you guys." Love is his favorite word. " I love this table, I love my Papa, I love this car, I love these socks, I love spongebob" etc... you name it. He loves it! He recently starting eating pickles with the rest of us, and he is ever so proud of that accomplishment! He also recently ate about a quarter of a huge Pumpkin Cheesecake. He takes after his daddy on that one!

Robert turned 37 last week! Aiden turned 6 on Sunday, and TJ is about to turn 30! I feel SO old these days, and just can't wait to get to a point where I get more than 5 hours of broken sleep a night. It's not good for the people around me when I have such poor sleep! :)

I've been really bad about taking pictures with my camera, they've all been with my phone - so I'm vowing to get back to over-taking again. Here are some recent favorites...























There are no words to express how lucky I am to have all of the amazing people that I have in my life.

1 comment:

5chamberlins said...

Thank you, thank you for updating your blog :o) LOVE all the fun new picts!
BTW - We are all lucky to have you too!!! xoxo