Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Am I allowed to complain?

Do I get to complain about how hard things are sometimes, or am I supposed to just keep my mouth shut because that's a mom's job, and because my kids are 1,2, & 3 and my husband is well... a man. OR.... can I sometimes complain that:

There is some sort of hidden pixie dust in Kyla & Kade's room that they are hiding from me that they breathe in at exactly 8:00 p.m. every single night. This pixie dust isn't mom-friendly and relaxing pixie dust. This pixie dust is some form of baby red bull that turns my children into hyper-active, lets see who can make the most noise and bounce off of the most walls type of kids. Now let me just clarify that I do not give my kids juice, not even watered down juice past 7:00 p.m. Their snacks consist of non-sugar type of food and water is their beverage. Robert however see's fit to completely "forget" what time it is and let them split something like a bag of fruit snacks or something ( sometimes ) with the claim that: "there can't possibly be that much sugar in a few fruit snacks" My response being: "it is PURE sugar, how else would it stay together!" The lights turn off through out the house, we read books and do some puzzels. We brush our teeth and get jammies on, we watch Dora or Diego under covers and on cozy pillows - do you think that those calming activities will counter act the pixie dust - NO! Of course not.

And what's with teething? Seriously, why can't kids just have their teeth and be able to eat steak with the rest of us when they are about 6 months old. I'll even stretch it to 12 months old. I can handle 1 yr, but after that - the teething should be done. My poor happy Jack is NOT happy about the pain he is in. My 3 kids also have this wonderful stomach issue with Motrin ( which by the way is the only thing that seems to really help their teeth pain ) they get constipated. So... I can alleviate the pain from their teeth to give them a tummy ache or deal with the mouth pain. Normally I help their mouth and then O.D. them on pears and other types of poop-enducing food. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone else HATE the fact that it gets dark at 5:00 p.m? Outside play time in the evening is something that is VERY good for my pshyce. Now it's gone.... I only have to wait until when, March for it to come back?? Can't we get rid of the time change thing?

Robert's workman's comp doctor is my next complaint. He is an idiot. We thought we liked him at the time of the surgery and how he let him stay out of work for extra time for safety measures, etc.. etc.. - however he has been trying to get back into a re-training program for 2 months now and this idiot doctor keeps writing words like "probably" and "might" on his reports instead of "permanent" and otherwise applicable words that confirm Robert CAN NOT speed walk for 8 miles a day anymore. We have specifically told him this several times, and so Robert finally wrote out what he should say and handed it to him, so he could actually write the correct wording on the report. My god, disability and the process of having your husband home for a full YEAR is NOT fun. I'm done with it.

I'm just tired. I'm tired of being tired and not having any motivation or energy, I used to be very very motivated and energetic... I'm tired of things being difficult and I'm tired of wishing things weren't hard. I think I need to figure out a way to not be so tired of being tired and stop complaining???? Maybe next year. hehehe



1 comment:

themonteleones said...

I'm right there with you. The lack of sleep is killing me, also being a single parent 4 days a week doesn't help.