I have been so bad at writing down immediately some of the funny things that my kids have been saying.... I just assume I'll remember them, and of course I don't and I get so disappointed.
Yesterday though, I do remember this:
A short background: Robert brought home 2 huge boxes of books for the kids from Uncle Marty. After several variations of organizing them by size, color, type, kyla's preference, etc.. they decided to move them.
Kyla came up to me and said in a VERY serious voice: " MOM, now I know this is going to sound totally weird, BUT, I have an idea. "
At this point, I was at a cross between wanting to cry because my baby girl is getting so old so fast, and wanting to just break out in laughter and pride. I loved that she had the concern about what my opinion would be of her idea (o:
She said: "let me show you this. I would like to put all of the books on my shelf right here."
I said: "Well that's not weird Kyla, it's a book shelf, but I would prefer you to please put your favorites in here, let your brothers pick their favorites, and put the rest in the playroom."
She said but I didn't want you to be upset because you told me you like my bookshelf organized like it is now. LOL. hmmmmmm - perhaps I should back off a bit?
Kade now is telling me that he would like to 'play' bowling and ping pong. Also - he would like to start a rock band, and wants to sing in front of lots of people. He asked if there are kid rock bands, or if he has to wait until he's 'big' first? I told him if he is still wanting to, we'll get him a guitar "with strings" for Christmas and go from there. He is spending so much of his time absorbing life these days. Whether it be a song from a commercial, how to spell certain things, how the days of the week work, or how to write letters without ant tracks, he's really loving learning. I'm so glad!! He also is giving me LOTS of love lately. He gives me "wedding kisses" by squeezing my lips onto his by pulling hard on my head... he says wedding kisses last longer and are better like you and dad did when you got married. My beautiful, soft, little Mr. Beard.
Jack, omg, Jack. My baby. He fell really hard on his shoulder the other day, which I assume created a bruise - but the poor little man fell on it about 4 more times after that happened, so he was a bit dramatic at a few points. He is really growing up so quickly. There was a time where he just did his own thing, and he still does sometimes, but more often now he is just wanting to do everything Kyla and Kade are. He's wanting to learn how to write and spell and he is a very good artist! He actively participates in the imagination play with the two of them now, and is very direct with his needs and requests. Last night, although VERY late, was quite sweet because he was begging for Kyla. He kept saying, where is "tyla?", I NEED HER to lay next to me. I need her mom, go get her. I want her. He really loves his brother and sister, and tries to rub their faces and their backs all the time. Boy he sure can scream with the best of them though too!!
I love my babies.
1 comment:
I love your babies too! They are growing up way too fast!!
Post a Comment