Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A visit to urgent care

I decided that I couldn't wait any longer to see if Jack had an ear infection. I chalked up his moods, lack of eating, extreme tempers and oversleeping to either being 3 or the heat. After 3 weeks of this however, I decided that I might as well rule out an ear infection. I'm 8 out of 10 times correct and he always has no symptoms.... so I always torture the poor child for the weeks it takes me to take him in.

Well.. Robert wasn't home and I couldn't wait, so I decided that I would take all 3 kids to urgent care ( even though Jack was FREAKING out about it, ever since his hospital stay )

Thankfully the lobby of the after hours care was essentially empty, because I was absolutely one of those moms that people either a) stare at and think: 'can't she control her kids?' or b) 'wow, I feel SORRY for her.'

These pictures may give a clearer picture of how out of control they were. I didn't bring anything for them to do because it was a bit spontaneous ( long story ) so I handed over my camera. I left out the pictures of the empty chairs, magazines, TV's and brochures....... ( there was nothing wrong btw and I cried the whole way home )

Just a quick side note and vent: When Robert is working so much he tends to forget how the kids can get out of control quickly and figures that I just can't handle them sometimes.... well thankfully last night he got a FULL dose of how quickly they can turn on you all at once. *sigh*







3 comments:

5chamberlins said...

So glad that there is nothing wrong... but Oh Shan... I could cry for you just thinking about what that was like for you. If it makes you feel any better, I seriously think that I sprout horns when I have to take all 3 of mine to the doctors office at the same time. NOT FUN!!! Although... I will say that when they are all sick at the same time it is a total blessing to be able to get them all in at the same time so as to not have to experience that more than once in a week.... OK I am babbling now... sorry LOL

yadayaya said...

aww...Honey, I'm so sorry!! I'm so glad though that there is nothing wrong. I guess it's a bittersweet answer because of the tempers and whatnot, but at least there's nothing medical going on. I can totally relate to the way you feel though. There are times that I'm at wits end and feel like I'm literally talking to a wall because my kids are so good at "shutting their ears off"!! I think handing the kids the camera was a GREAT idea!! Taking pictures is so fun and why not let the kids get in on it and act goofy in the process.. :)

Maяi ϟinϟ said...

You are my SUPERMOM! I can barely handle taking Dre to the doctor.. I can't imagine taking 3 kiddos!