Friday, January 8, 2010

Target

I think Target is going to be the death of me, that is if my kids don't put me in an early grave first. I usually try to take the kids right when they open so I don't have to worry about looks from strangers, and having to whisper to my children when I have to ask them to let go of the cart 10 x in a row and to "put that down!"

Today for some unknown reason, I thought I would brave a 4 pm Target run. It could have been much worse, I see that now. During the trip however, I would have begged to differ.

In retrospect I realize that I should have went to the Target that isn't two stories to avoid the love of the escalator. That was my first mistake.

I also thought that I didn't need that much. I was SO wrong. What is it about Target that makes you think you need so much stuff? In looking at it all though, I think I probably only wasted about $10 at the $1 spot, everything else was food and I even forgot my mascara and the simple curtain rod that I needed.

We made it through the isles in a quick fashion, however as I was loading my abundant amount of items onto the conveyor belt thingy, I realized that there is absolutely NO way this stuff, once bagged, would fit into one cart. This would be a new situation for me. As if it's not bad enough asking my 3 children to pick a tile square to stand in while it takes FOREVER for the 18 yr old kid to bag my stuff, I'm going to have to figure out a way to get 2 carts and 3 kids out of Target and across the street to the car.

As I'm paying I have the idea of putting all of the heavy stuff in my cart, and the left over light bags into the 2nd cart. I tell Kyla that I'm going to need her to please push the second cart for me, knowing that this will be a huge accomplishment and life long desire of hers. Well.......... that starts an instant fight between her and Jack who overheard the exciting request and insisted that he get to push the cart instead of her. This all happens at the register. I give Kyla my 'steam is about to come out of my ears and you wont like that' glare and whisper a strong suggestive resolution to the problem into her little ears. She glared right back at me and proceeded to share the handle with Jack while I try to push a VERY heavy cart with one hand while directing the speed of the other cart with the other hand. ( I'm not even going to go into detail about how many times the cart behind me hit me in the ankle... ok - at least 7! )

It's all a blur now, but the stress of getting them across the street and their arguing got me to the point of telling them that if I hear one single noise come from their mouths for the entire ride home, everything I just bought them from the $1 spot will go immediately in the trash. Wouldn't you know it.... IT WORKED. I got 4 whole minutes of silence. It was the most spectacular sound ever.

Less than 2 minutes after walking in the door with the bags, Kade punched Jack straight in the nose and blood went every where. I think I'll stick to morning Target runs.

2 comments:

Anissa said...

My goodness, CALL ME next time, Ill watch the kids! hahahaha! POOR JACK

Becky said...

Holy Crap!