Well, we have had some new neighbors buy the house next to us. They have 3 kids. One girl in high school, a 10 year old boy, and a 9 year old girl. They are very polite and nice outgoing and active kids that have taken a liking to my kids.
Kade actually tries to turn down going places with us because of the pure chance that "his new friends next door" may be home and he would miss out on some play time. See the 10 year old boy plays baseball with him. A LOT. They ride scooters, they ride bikes, they play every sport that we have a ball for and everything in-between. All 6 of them actually.
The crazy thing is, we let our kids play outside, in the front yard even. Without us being out there. I know! Robert did this first, which is absolutely shocking because he wants them in a bubble every second of every day. He said he just opens every window in the front room so he can see and hear and has given them boundaries. 1 house to the left, and the friends house is to the right. They aren't allowed to go in the neighbors house either. They must ask first. I've tested several things, and I'm feeling quite good about it. They come in and ask before they do anything, and I've even heard all 3 of them say: "I have to ask my mom first" when referring to the ability to go next door and get a ball that was hit over the fence.
I had anxiety the entire time I let this happen the first day and stood by the window without moving an inch. Each day it's getting easier though. They have continued to impress me with the little things I watch. They've never ventured farther than they should to get a ball or a toy, they've never questioned me when I say it's time for dinner, or even when I tell them they have to tell their friends it's time to go home.
Needless to say, this growing up thing that they are doing, doesn't seem to be slowing down. At all.
2 comments:
This is also where its really great to have siblings close to each other, where they want to play together and can rely on each other, and follow each other. Yay close kids!
love the picture of the kids all dressed up... gorgeous! love Kade's suavity and Jacks adorable little kissable face. And Kyla is so beautiful! reminds me a lot of you at that age.
Post a Comment