He came into my life while making quite the entrance. I wasn't supposed to meet him until June 1st of that same year, however Jack was seemingly anxious to meet me. I guess our schedules just didn't coincide.
At first I was extremely frustrated at his lack of follow through. He seemed like he picked his time to meet, then he changed his mind. A few hours later, he gave me the impression that he again, had picked his time to meet.... only to change his mind again. We went through this frustrating process for about 36 hours, until FINALLY, he had clearly decided he was ready. By this point, I had gone through all states of mental and physical exhaustion, not excluding the flu, so I was a little less anxious to meet him as I was 36 hours prior.
In fact, when he entered the room, it took a good 20 minutes for me to actually make his acquaintance due to pure exhaustion on my part. Once I had however, I realized that he was worth the first 36 hours. In fact, I would have even given him another 36 hours of the same if it meant I could keep that feeling forever.
Jack was my 3rd birth in just under 24 months. I thought I was all set with the previous 2 children, so when we found out I was 5 weeks pregnant the week after Robert's vasectomy, I wasn't exactly jumping for joy. I was already so very tired, a little mentally off balance, and running on fumes as it was. How in the world would I be able to care for a newborn when I had an 11 month old son and a 23 month old daughter at home? Well, I will tell you how.....because my newborn was Jack.
I must have done something right in my lifetime to be awarded ( and yes, I feel it is nothing short than an award ) my Jack. When I go through difficult times in my life, and feel down on myself with a few " why me?'s " I look at Jack - actually all of my children - and just know why.
It goes without saying how much I love Kyla and Kade and I can't wait to write about them on their birthday's, this post though is about Jack. My sweet wonderful Jack.
Jack is pure, un-filtered, amazing love. Jack's smile can fix anyone's day, even a stranger. The little pat he gives you when he squeezes you tighter than most adults can during a hug, stops time. His desire to cuddle and give kisses and spend time with you, can make you feel like you are the absolute most important person in the entire world, to anyone. There is no need for anyone else to love you if Jack loves you. It's that powerful.
( quick side note... he just walked up to me with side walk chalk from his little bucket, and said "mom, this is Kade's favorite color, I'm going to give it to him and I'll just go ahead and have 2. He can have 4 since it's his favorite color blue." )
About 2 weeks ago, my friend Becky came over. She, I and our kids were in my back playroom about 20 minutes into our visit, and she had said something that really meant a lot to me. She looked at me and said: "now I get it about how you talk about Jack."
Ever since the day of his birth, I have known there was a bigger reason for Jack. I was missing something that I didn't even know I was missing and I found it in Jack.
Happy 4th Birthday to my wonderful baby Jack.

No comments:
Post a Comment