Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy 4th of July ( on the 15th of July )

I was lying in bed last night realizing that I didn't do a 4th of July post...

I guess though, I haven't done several posts lately because Facebook has been more than satisfying my desire for instant gratification when I have something to say.

I know I didn't skip it because it was lacking of enjoyment, we had a wonderful day this year!

Most years the day is crazy, chaotic, crowded, and amazingly fun!!!

For some reason that wasn't in the cards for us this year, and I'm oddly glad. It's almost like we needed a break from it, to appreciate it more!

Most years it looks like this:


and then this....



and eventually this....



This year we scaled it down, slowed it down, and really enjoyed ourselves. The traveling I've been doing since May has really thrown off any routine I've claimed to have or have at least convinced myself exists. It also seems to have changed my ability and enjoyment of real life socialization. I'm anxious for it to be over and for everything to come back. Is that strange how it's all connected? I'm thinking not - or maybe I'm really just getting OLD like my kids say.

Some fun pictures of this year's celebration:

Decorated bikes :)
Best Friends
Nearly inseparable - Jack even got off his big bike for her
GREAT friends!


A game of hot potato replaced vollyball....

Dessert replaced the Jager

I got to hold a sleeping baby!

The kids loved the sparklers!

And the simple fireworks too! :)

( I Just love this one for the freckles! )


I hope everyone had a very fun and safe day! Next year we plan to go big again!

1 comment:

Summers Family said...

Looks like it was a SUPER great day! I still need to do our post. I agree - better late than never :-) Lets just hope I do it.