Thursday, January 29, 2009

Heritage Park is awesome

I met my friend Anissa and Becky and their kids at Heritage park after work yesterday.... the kids loved it! It's such a beautiful park. A little hard to watch 3 kids, but I had 2 extra sets of eyes so it worked out nicely!

After Heritage park, I actually for the first time took all 3 kids by myself out to eat. I was going to attempt Coco's - but figured I would start smaller and we went to Weinershnitzel instead ( the one on South St. with tables ) I was actually kind of freaked out to be honest. I mean seriously - what if someone came up, grabbed a kid and ran away. What could I do, I have all 3 kids? There was a freaky homeless guy sitting right next to my car when we went to leave and I didn't like that he was talking to us. That's why I don't take the kids to the park by myself either... I'm totally out numbered. Anyway - I'm proud of myself for doing it! (o:







































3 comments:

Cathy O said...

I glad to see that someone shares my fear of taking all 3 by myself. I do go to the little fenced in park at El Dorado, but thats it, and I'm always happier if there's someone else I know around. Because its impossible to silence the (possibly irrational) "what if" voices in my head, because there really is little or nothing we could do.
And way yes to the coolness of Heritage Park, but way too many places to escape (and fall in the water :) )

Maяi ϟinϟ said...

Aww, that park looks so pretty! I wouldn't be able to take 3 small kids out with me alone! I'd be uber paranoid!!

Jeana said...

My mom took us there all the time when we were kids! I love that park... but it's not quite "Abby Proof"... with all the water!