Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kyla started preschool.

It's been a long time coming and prompted with lots of interest on her part.... but Kyla's first day of preschool was today!

Aiden will be joining her within the next week, but we decided to go ahead and not delay her starting any longer, and I'm really glad it worked out this way. I wanted her to tackle this on her own and she did great! She was scared the night before and on the way there; asking me if I would please stay the whole time. Once we got there and she let go of my leg, she met a little girl name Samantha and off they went to color! 5 minutes later I asked if I could go to work and she did her typical, head nod accompanied with dramatic eye blink and slight grin which means "yes - I'm ok with that." No tears, not from her or me. ??? It's just amazing to me that this part of life is starting. ( with Kade I don't think I'll cry either - with Jack I'll be peaking through the windows for all 4 hours! Poor Jack - he's going to be guilted(which is not a word according to the ABC checker on this thing, but I'm not changing it ) into taking care of me his whole life! )
Anyway - I digress.

After school I talked to Kyla and she was very nonchalantly saying it was a good day, but not a great day because there were times when no one was playing with her. I did manage to figure out that she had lunch with 3 little girls and played outside, and most importantly is happy to go back on Thursday! I'm so proud of her! She's officially a "rainbow" ( That's the name of the room she's in... cute huh? )

I can't believe I'll be picking up Kindergarten registration papers here in only a matter of weeks!

Here is the one picture she allowed me to take and I had to sneak it with my phone!!

6 comments:

themonteleones said...

It is a great place......she will love it!!! Too bad our kids don't go on the same days.kys

Unknown said...

What a stud muffin!! She is one well-adjusted girl (good job on that!).

Danyell said...

Aw Kyla is so amazing. I don't want to even think about sending Koen. I feel like I need to cry just thinking about it. I love reading your blogs Shannon!

Anonymous said...

These are great moments that really do bring great joy - I am so excited to share in this next "phase" of parenthood with you!! You tell that sweet Kyla girl that her Auntie Cheryl is very proud of her :o)

Anonymous said...

Having your little princess with me on a daily basis is better than getting a life supply of Sees candy..which to me would be sooo good yet sooo bad...anyway, as soon as you called me(as requested)to give me the details I was smiling for her but crying for me!Who ever gets her in their classroom for the rest of her school life- will be blessed with a smart little angel!She is our Miss "Wants-to-be-first" and Detailed Drama Queen!! I LOVE HER!!!! XOXO Mom

Jeana said...

It's such a big event for the kids and us! You will love the school and the teachers!