My office moved locations - just a mile up the street but when you are in charge of the move and your upper management is in N. California and hard to get ahold of - it doesn't make for the smoothest of processes. I worked late nights, a Saturday and we are still working the kinks out. Boy it sure makes the day go by faster though, that's for sure!
I had some REALLY bad days with the kids too. I wish I already forgot them, but there were some really trying moments that I remember and a bad situation that really was hard to swallow. My Kade can cause quite a stir sometimes, and I have never felt so many stares and judgements in my life as I did this past Sunday at a birthday party. I saw eyes being rolled, comments being said and even a direct comment to me in the form of: " well, you always know it's a party when your kids are here Shannon." It wasn't meant in a good way. I cried for hours that night. It's very hard when I know how he can affect everyone he is around, and I just want to hug him and make it better. I want to say - LISTEN... you are NOT me, nor do you know what we go through and what works for us.
(sidebar.... I was doing SO good on my no sugar / chips / junk / sweets thing ) I made it 2.5 weeks until my horrible sunday. I totally binged. I had in 1 day and felt so sick afterwards: 4 french toast sticks, a supreme breakfast croissant, a steak & egg breakfast burrito, a fruit cup, 2 kinds of chips and dip, pasta salad, a pc of pizza, fruit, green salad, 3 brownie bites, and at 9:00 at night: a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, chili cheese fritos, and a caramel/chocolate ghriardelli square )
(sidebarII.... this was the same day that I woke up to find that my fridge was left open all night long and an entire week's worth of brand new, unopened food was warm and ruined )
After the move and the difficult weekend and my body slowing down just enough, it's decided to get sick. I had 2 really bad days, but I'm feeling better. I spent the night on mom & dad's couch and didn't move from 6:30 - 5:30 and it seemed to do the trick (o:
I have Kyla registered for kindergarten - wow what an amazing feeling! I have butterflies just thinking about it. Just cross your fingers for me that she and Aiden get into Foster as their school of choice!!! I'll find out at the beginning of June.
I took her out of pre-school as well. The teacher said she was quiet disconnected, and she kept telling me that she "already knows all of it" mom - she "just likes the singing." Well - I'm not about to pay $200 a month for her to sing in a circle (sorry!)
My Jackie turns 3 in 5 days!! We are getting Knotts Berry Farm passes for the family and taking the day off. I can't wait, and I can't believe he's going to be 3! I should focus on potty training, but let me tell you, I'm just tired - I could care less at this point. I think I'll let Kade do the potty training because Jack thinks Kade walks on water and can get him to do anything ( not always a good thing )
I also discovered that Kyla's big birthday party is on Memorial Weekend! Bummer. I know we are going to lose a few people because of that )o:
We are having a pancake breakfast / jumper for the boys birthday celebration on the 6th of June - so my month of celebrating is about to begin!
I can't find my camera to show the cutest pictures I took of the kids at my friend Anissa's son's baseball game.... they had popsicles and Jack had it completely melted all over his entire face, arms and shirt - but he sure enjoyed it! I'll find it and post soon, so cute!!
We are gearing up for September where Kyla will start cheering for pop warner, playing soccer for ayso, and going to school. How am I going to afford 3 kids year after year after year. OMG.
Here are some pictures from a spontaneous playdate at Cheryl's house last week.... that's all I have for now (o:








2 comments:
So sorry to hear school didn't work out for Kyla... it has been such a blessing in our lives for Ruby. And seriously... I know the stares... I have Abby!!! It never makes me upset though... a lot of people think they a perfect parent and their kids are perfect... makes me laugh!!!! Breath darling... it will pass:)
Kade screamed at the party because he wanted to play pool...a real game was being played at that moment and who cares if he was that loud! For crimeny sake he was a perfect guest up until then!! Poop on the comment, you should have taken him for a little talk & remind him we take turns...and maybe you did but from now on if people stare...tell them he's your GOOD CHILD and laugh it off Shannon or you are going to go crazy insane! All of your FRIENDS and loved ones know Kades "switch type" personality and LOVE him cuz he IS Kade and all would agree you are a GREAT mom! All kids have their "moments"...I could write a BOOK!Like Jeana said-just take a deep breath shake it off! XOXOX MeMe Mom
Post a Comment