Friday, April 3, 2009

Baseball!

I keep forgetting to charge my camera battery, so I don't have any pictures - but I really wish I did... not that I know how I would have taken them since my hands were occupied...

The other day the kids and I played in the backyard for over an hour. Kade's obsession with baseball continues, and he just keeps getting better and better. Papa has really been working with him to make sure he always throws over hand, as I swear before he seemed to think he was the pitcher on a girls fast-pitch team by how he threw the ball back to you!

He can't really hit off of a tee very well, he just prefers to have the ball pitched to him and I would say he averaged hitting at least 15 out of 20 "pitches" This is a soft bat and a plastic ball - I'm afraid what a real bat and ball would do in my backyard..... we've already lost 1000 balls over the fences.

Anyway getting to the story part:
I was pitching, Kade of course was hitting, and Kyla was the catcher... or fetcher which is more appropriate. She had a little basket that held the balls and as he hit the bunch in the basket she would run around and pick them up and put them in her basket. She would then throw them to me one at at time, and I would in turn pitch them to Kade. This was very assembly line-ish, that is though EXACTLY how Kade likes to be. He wouldn't even hit a ball until Kyla was back in her place.

After each hit, it was so cute Kyla would say one of the following praises:
"wow Kade that was awesome!"
"Sweet hit Kade!"
"HOLY COW Kade, you are so good!"

It made my heart melt. He had the biggest smile on his face, and he would answer every time with a prompt and proud: "THANK YOU Kyla."

I would ask him: " How in the world did you do that?! " when he would hit it really hard over the roof or something, and he would answer calmly with a shrug of his shoulders: "Easily"

I feel so bad when I need to stop and go in to start dinner or well just stop. An hour of baseball ( which is NOT my ideal sport ) is about all I can take.... I know horrible mom, but I get bored )o:
Kade however would stand in the same spot until it was time to go to bed. I can drag him away sometimes to play basketball or ride his bike here and there~

That was my proud moment of the week!
Oh yeah, and my kids were in bed by 9:00 1 day this week and by 8:30 another day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

themonteleones said...

You need to sign him up!!! Fall ball starts in September and they play on Sundays and usually one practice during the week.