Thursday, April 9, 2009

Our spontaneous trip to San Francisco!

Well the weather turned out to be slightly over-cast and slightly sunny with a temp of about 50 - so not too bad! But the rest of the trip was just ridiculous. We got to the airport at 1:15 to find out our 2:20 flight was delayed until 3:30.
#1 reason that I was upset = I was JUST on jetblue.com looking to see if my mom would have a problem with her curling irons and I didn't freakin check the flight. We try to talk Kyla into going to get some lunch and coming back, but she didn't believe us that we would come back - so she talked us into going into the terminal. 5 minutes into sitting at the terminal, they announce that our flight is further delayed until 4:45! I called Robert to get him to see what kind of voucher we could get because it was a weather delay - and while he was doing that they re-announced that our flight was back to departing at 3:30 again.
#2 reason I was upset = Kyla was not understanding what was going on and begging us to please fly on the plane while I was thinking how much I just wanted to go home and throw away the $260 spent so far.

Kyla seeing one of the planes pull up to the terminal...

Excited still ........... this was before the hour we were sitting there! (o:

I know everyone has seen a plane, but Kyla took this!


We finally board the plane and then find out when we are all settled that we will AGAIN not be taking off until 4:15 and not arriving until 5:30.
#3 reason I am upset - WE FLY BACK AT 7:00 A.M. the next day. I can't get passed how this just is starting to feel like a HORRIBLE idea, and what else could go wrong.

Anxiously awaiting the take off and watching Spongebob on direct tv.


This is after the adrenaline wore off - she finally crashed out.


GOOD NEWS! We find out there is NO rain and it's actually sunny - so I start to perk up a little bit. Well that didn't last long (o: ( Kyla I might add was AWESOME the whole time - extremely patient, but you could tell it was totally taking away from the excitement... just way too much waiting for her ) We decided to take a cab because I assumed it would be the quickest way to get straight to the hotel as we were already running late.
#4 reason I get upset: He was an IDIOT that didn't speak English ( not surprised but annoyed because he had a GROSS cold ) and seemed to take 10000000 extra left and right turns and was making Kyla and my mom sick. The fare just kept adding up $25, $30, $35, $40, $45, $47.75 and an hour later, we get to the hotel at 6:30 p.m.!

Her first taxi ride ( also at the beginning of the ride )


We left the hotel and took a mile and ½ walk down to Fisherman's Wharf & Ghirardelli Square....

Alcatraz in the background....


Ghirardelli Square was pretty much closed except for the chocolate and ice-cream shop....
#5 reason I'm upset ( I Just realized that I grabbed chocolate covered espresso beans instead of raisins - GROSS! )

Pictures from Ghirardelli Square








This is where we settled for our dinner.... we barely made it because Kyla had declared that she was sooooo tired of walking just about the time we arrived there.



Which I thought was a different restaurant, but didn't realize it until we were already in and tempted by the yummy smell.
Reason # 6 I'm upset - our waiter was rude and over charged us for my mom's dinner then proceeded to give us an attitude about it. It was a white linen table cloth type of restaurant with $35 dinner prices - I went in thinking it was this great place that Robert and I had eaten at that has the best clam chower in the world!! The food was still quite good and we sat at a corner table over looking the wharf and my mom could see the Golden Gate Bridge.

My mom said the view was her favorite part of the trip, so that was good!!







For some reason my mom wanted a picture of this electric wire ran bus... She was bummed she didn't get to ride the trolley cars.

We took a cab back to the hotel about 9:30 and as Kyla walked in she said: "Boy it's good to get out of these shoes and of my feet!!: LMAO!!!
Here is us clean faced with pj's on getting ready to play war with her new SF playing cards.... lights out at 10:45
( she then cried for her daddy and I had to call him and wake him up to get her to fall asleep )


**** Seriously - how cute is she!?!? ****
3:58 a.m. - my mom wakes me up saying: OMG Shannon, the shuttle is going to be here in 2 minutes!
#7 reason I am upset; our shuttle comes at 5:00 - she was an hour off! (o;
We get down in time for the shuttle which comes at 5:20!
#8 reason I am upset ( see above!! ) lol
The shuttle driver then drives 15 miles an hour to another hotel to pick up people and leave us sitting in the van from 5:25 until 5:45! We pick up yet another person and then get to the airport by 6:00 a.m. if you can believe it. I asked him when he was driving so slow if something was wrong with the van! he didn't find it ammusing. Our plane left and got back on time, but not without the very very very close to throwing up Kyla almost not making it without tears.

#9 reason I am upset: I lost one of my wedding bands. )o:

All is well though, and I am glad to be home! My baby girl enjoyed herself thoroughly and Robert declared that he "forgot how much work it is" keeping the peace at the house all th time. YA THINK!?! <----- totally made the whole trip worth it!

2 comments:

themonteleones said...

I hate to say it......but that sounds miserable!!! You have a pretty good attitude about it though. Glad you kinda had fun!

Mom MeMe said...

You know what???....I am REALLLLY GLAD we did this crazy trip. Yes it was WAY TOO MUCH WAITING for the short time we were there, but I along with Kyla can say WE flew to SanFrancisco JUST FOR DINNER in April 2009! Sorry if I complained about feeling carsick so long-couldn't shake the feeling until I got some food in me!!I really enjoyed the Delicious clam chowder
soup,crabcakes & bread topped with a spectacular view.Hey we even fed a homeless guy before this story ends! My curiosity of never going there seemed to win over some of the same reasons you had of just staying home & eating the $$.
Plus,I was with my favorite girls (3 generations together) and I will NEVER forget our 24 hr trip to S.F. I hope we can go again someday(when we have at least 3 days & can rent a car). Thanks for getting us to & from everywhere without much delay.You really knew your way around everything!!!I Love You sooo much! Mom MeMe XOXO...Thank you Robert for getting the tickets!XOXO