I've contimplated how much detail I should get into regarding what brought us to the hospital for Jack, but I've decided that since it's medical, that I'm going to treat the issue as if it was his ears or hands or tummy that was having the issues.
Background: Jack was not circumsized at birth due to having a "hidden penis" It hadn't fully dropped at the time of his birth. We have seen urologists since then and they always insisted that we would need to wait until he was old enough for a "local" instead of being put under since nothing was technically wrong.
Well - something is now technically wrong.
Last week he started complaining that his "pee pee" hurt, but he was still urinating with no problem, so I assumed that it was bugging him when it was "active" <--- lol.... not sure what I should have said! it looked the same. Friday brought a doctors appt for all 3 kids, and Jack had an ear infection and Kyla had bronchitis. ( Kade is too stubborn to get sick! ) I had the doctor look at him while we were there, and he told me that if it gets worse before the antibiotics kick in to take him to the ER. We almost did Friday night, but he seemed ok, so we thought we would wait until Robert got off work the next day ( no fever or anything ) Well, Robert went to work and Jack woke up, he had his first pee of the morning and screamed louder and more painfully than I have ever heard - the pain dropped him to the floor. I threw him in a baking soda bath which helped keep him calm while I prepped the kids and myself and we were in the ER within 30 minutes. My parents had Kyla and Kade and Robert met us at Los Alamitos hospital. They took a culture and he wouldn't pee because he was so freaked out about the pain. 6 hours of sitting in an 8 x 8 room later, they ordered an ambulance and my Jackie and I got our first ambulance ride to LB Memorial. Our bed was all ready.... it was overlooking this really nice outside patio and we got our own little tv, dvd, vcr player and everything (o:

Then came the IV. We had to swaddle him and have 4 people help. He didn't do that badly actually - and didn't even really mess with it after a few minutes.

After a short time we were moved out of our own nice big room to a shared room with a little boy who had been there for 9 days with phnemonia. Poor little boy.
Jack was continually hooked up to his IV, wasn't urinating and was in a lot of pain. They gave him morphine for the pain and had 2 kinds of antibiotics running through him at all times. We were there until Monday at minimum as there were no specialists there over the weekend. The first night was really hard and they had to re-do his IV at 2:30 a.m. ( that was not fun - it broke my heart )
For the most part though, he was an ideal patient. The nurses all loved him, and he even said "thanks" after they finished doing stuff to him - even if he didn't like it.
After the 3rd IV insertion - the nurses said they've never had a 3 yr old lay so still! I know if it would have been Kade in the hospital they would have either kicked us out or charged me double!!! Kyla would have just been dramatic the whole entire time (o:
I cried a lot, I held him the whole time practically, and I did my best to keep it together. It really could have been SO much worse, but it was very difficult to see my baby like that.
My mom came up and brought lots of toys and cards, and Robert stayed with him for several hours so I could have a little bit of a mother's day.... He kept the kids otherwise, and had campout's with Kade at night time. Kyla wanted to be with meme of course for the most part (o:
There is so much more to say about our stay there, but my brain is on slow mode - so I'm going to leave it the general stuff... I can't even say enough though about how thankful I am about everyone's concern and offers to help ( not to mention my amazing friends with the meal deliveries!!!!!!!!! it was hard to accept, but I'm giving in this time... I LOVE YOU GUYS!! )
The journey isn't over unfortunately - we have to change his antibiotic and see a specialist tomorrow.... at least we aren't in the hospital anymore!!
Jack was taking lots of pictures with my phone... we watched this movie 4 times while we were there, so he was thrilled to find the big sticker on the wall!


Can you tell how tired I am?

Kyla playing nintendo with Jackie...

Right after we heard we get to go home (o:


.........................................................................................
For mother's day I took the kids to the carnival at Mayfair park like we do every year... It was nice to get out of the hospital and be with Kyla and Kade for a bit (o: They had fun. Kade started out slow, but he warmed up and ended up enjoying himself. He even won his brother a little dragon (o:







This ride had her CRACKING up!!!!



Notice Kade's "gold chain" I do not love this! He got it at one of those $.25 machines at pacific star and wont take it off. Nice.

Ok, I have to show off my beautiful roses. I'm so not a roses person, but these are just amazing. Colors I haven't seen before.... I hope the pictures do them justice!


I hope all of my mommy friends had an absolutely wonderful mother's day with their babies and their families!!! XOXOXO





5 comments:
I dont know how you do it. You are so amazing, but I tell you that everyday. Love you. Your roses are soooooo pretty!!!!
You'd never be able to tell from Jackie's smile that he was in any pain or even in the hospital for that matter. Glad you're home and are "both" recovering. Also glad you ended up having a nice mothers day with K&K - roses are beautiful.
B
So glad you guys are home and that Jack is at least feeling better - I know you have a road ahead of you before this is all said and done... please know that we are here for you - anything you need :o)
Glad you got to have some Mother's Day fun!! It looks like Kyla and Kade had a great time :o)
And I will ditto the not being a rose person... and also that those roses are exceptionally beautiful!!! They are definitely photo-worthy!!
So very glad Jack is home now! What a crazy scary ordeal. We are so proud of what a big boy he was at the hospital. We pray that his follow up care will go smoothly.
Love you!
Shannon, this is one Mothers Day we will NEVER forget!!!We are SO thankful Jack is home. When I was there you could tell when he was about to pee.He was all over the place-like a new little puppy going around & around trying to find the "right spot" to do his duty. He WAS holding it to avoid the icky pain he experienced the three days before!I am so upset that the Dr wants to wait till he is 8 or older to do his surgery. What about a second opinion???Whatever is best for Jackie. We are here for you guys-just ask! Love Mom XOXO
Post a Comment