Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2, 3 yr olds and a 4 yr old - for a few more days at least....

I just re-read my post last year from when Jack turned 2, and I am sitting here reflecting on how different he is from last year. Last year he didn't talk. Last year he had food preferences of about 10 things. Last year I was horribly ( even though I didn't always admit it ) worried about his progress or lack there of.

Yesterday, May 4th, my baby Jack turned 3. He's not a baby anymore. I have no babies. In my heart, he'll always be my baby, and I plan to still use that excuse to keep him protected his whole life, but he's really no longer a baby. He is doing great at peeing in the toilet, he speaks wonderfully and puts full sentences together instead of leaving out some nouns and verbs. He eats tacos, burritos, pizza, bbq chicken, hamburgers, ranch dip (with his sister now ) we don't use sippy cups, and the list goes on and on. He has immense amounts of pride when he accomplishes something whether big or small, he loves with ALL of his heart and not 1% less. He adores his brother Kade, and wants to make sure he can see him as he falls asleep... when he goes potty, Kade is who he wants to tell that he just "did it." When he gets a surprise or likes something - the pure joy of his exaggerated "WOW" and the big eyes and dimples is something that I hope he enjoys and keeps close to his heart forever.

He gives great kisses, back rubs, and loves my hair. He holds my hand REALLY tight, and instructs me on exactly how he would like me to rub him as he's falling asleep. Jackie brings joy and smiles to the whole house and my life would not be complete without him.

To my Jack; I love you more than all of the cars in all of the stores in all of the world plus fifty times.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

we were going to go to Knotts Berry Farm for his birthday yesterday, but the kids all have colds and the morning didn't really prove to give us a good feeling of what the day would have been like - so we opted out and went and got birthday bikes, ran around together, had donuts with a candle in them and after Jack's nap - went to Chuckie Cheeses! He had a great day ( except for the singing in the morning..... It was either my horrible voice or he hates attention, but he cried when we were singing )



Here are lots of pictures from bike riding and chuckie cheeses.....


The card Kyla made for Jack.....


We blew up a bunch of balloons for when he walked out of his bedroom (o:


Enjoying the donuts - I guess I could have waited until they were done chewing (o:


My big kids on their big kid bikes! Kyla's training wheels are coming off as soon as we get her kickstand on. She was able to ride Aiden's first try... we just need to get her wheels off.


He is so proud!!!!!!!!!!!


I want a bike like hers in my size!


The big car on hydraulics at Chuckie Cheeses




He was so proud of "scoring"
(I wish he would let me grow his hair out - he said the other day, I never want to have hair mommy. ) boooooooooo! He has the best hair ever.


He just loves playing anything at all as long as he's with Kade!





I love that they are really starting to play the same things! It's wonderful.



Look at his mouth - he's saying: "WHOOOOOOAA"



Kade was REALLY good at skeeball - he kept getting them in the 2000 hole!

Kade's score! LOL



My baby. Oh ya, I mean - my big boy. )o:


I was holding the gas pedal down while my mom helped him steer, he was in awe.


A rare moment of joint smiles!! I love it!

3 comments:

Becky said...

My eyes welled up after reading your tribute to Jack. I loved every second of it, especially since I've seen a ton of his accomplishments this past year. I felt like I was sitting alongside you as you wrote it. I'm so glad he enjoyed his day yesterday. Be sure to give him birthday hugs from all of us.

MomMeMe said...

What a Beautiful tribute to Jackie!He is one lucky little man...he is gonna love reading this someday!Plus, just knowing he is loved so much by his mommy and big sister Kyla, big brother Kade and US!!It was ALOT of fun at Chucky Cheeze. So glad I got to see them interact and laugh! Can't wait to have "Cupcake Day" Thursday for Jack...and continue his 3rd B-Day!
Love You, Smiles Mom MeMe

5chamberlins said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!! We hope you have the best birthday ever and can't wait to celebrate with you and Kade at your party in June :o)
So glad you guys had such a fun day of celebrating yesterday :o) and Shan, I love the picture of you, Kyla and Kade - that one is framable!!