Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I've been a mommy for 5 years now.

My precious first born princess Kyla turned 5 years old on Saturday.

Before I post all of the pictures from the fun day, I need to express my very outspoken pride and love for my darling daughter~


************************************************************************************

Kyla, LaLa, La-la butts, monkey butts, princess, baby girl;

I wish there was a way in which I could describe, so you would understand, the feeling that you give me. My heart literally feels warmth and my eyes fill with happy tears when I think about what you are to me. You've brought me life that I was desperately in need of. You have shown me what true pride feels like as I am immensly proud of you and that you are mine.

I find peace in looking at your beautiful face full of new freckles and enjoy even more that you love your freckles. I hope that you embrace your obvious skills at learning new things and push your intelligence to the absolute limit you can. You show all of your feelings in your bright blue eyes and I hope that your eyes always possess kindness and honesty. I wish you much strength to get through any difficult times that lie ahead and hope that you know that I will always be there for you. I hope that you'll allow me to kiss and smell your neck even when you are probably too old to let me do that (o: If not, you'll have to continue to sleep with a blanket under your neck and pretend you want to switch with me, so I can have yours every once in awhile......

I think I'm done with you growing now, and would like you to please stop at age 5.

Thank you my darling girl!!! Thank you for being everything that you are and will continue to be. Your daddy and I love you so very much. More than "the last number." XOXO

*************************************************************************************
Kyla woke up to these balloons in her room on her birthday




All Kyla wanted for her birthday was to have a pool party - Thank goodness for Meme & Papa having a pool, because she must have said at least 20 times that she is " SOOO glad she had a pool party for her 5th birthday!" LOL She was so happy all day!

I feel so bad, I didn't take any pictures of the first hour of swimming, so I missed Abby, Ruby, and TJ with baby Gavin all in the water! I could have gotten some really cute pictures too.







Kyla and her cousin Ava - hopefully they will be spending lots of time together!!

This is who I'm hoping will be strong enough to deal with Kade when he gets older... then Cheryl and I can be in-laws!

the kids waiting to dive for change!


taking a break from the water

And this is Jack's future wife, so Becky and I can be in-laws! When Kyla and Kade aren't around Camy and Jack play SO well together!!

Jack is without arm rings this year and jumping in completely going underwater and swimming alone through out the length of the pool: " I do it!" is all he keeps saying when you try to help.

Seriously - how cute is this?

precious little Aubrey!


eating popsicles by the side of the pool (o:

Oops, these uploaded backwards...



Opening presents.... there are about 25 more of these pictures, I just loved her reactions in most of these (o:







She had a wonderful wonderful day!!! XOXO

3 comments:

Anissa said...

Aww what a beautiful letter for Kyla! It made me teary eyed!!! Im so sorry I missed it, looks like you all had a fabulous time, it was a gorgeous day! Kyla looked full of joy! Happy 5th birthday lovebug!

MomMeMe said...

Looking at Kyla is like looking at you Shannon all over again!I could just stare at her all day. I LOVE all the precious little faces she makes and "the deep voice" she uses when she is saying something silly! We were SUPER glad for Kyla that she had a good time on her special 5th B-day! We might want to do the same for the boys next year! Switch it up! HOPE EVERYONE HAD FUN! Love,Kisses & Smiles XOXO MomMeMe

Becky said...

We had such a fun day with you Kyla. Thanks for sharing it with everyone! Shan, you cracked me up with your comment about Megan marrying Kade to keep him in line. Two strong-willed children -PERFECT. Love Kyla's expressions in her pics.