Well so much for Kyla's teacher not knowing that she skipped kindergarten...
I asked Kyla today if her teacher knows that she is so young.
"Yep!" she said.
How did you tell her? was my next question.
Kyla exlained it to me like this:
She asked us all how old we were. When I said I was 6 years old, she was surprised and said: "WOW, your young!?" She looked confused mom, so I said - "well I skipped kindergarten that's why." ( with a very matter of fact look on her face )
I of course had to find out what the response to this was because I'm afraid that kids will be mean to her when they find out. So... I said - did she say anything after that?
Kyla replied saying: Yep, she said: "you can't skip kindergarten!" but she was totally kidding mom, cause she said: "Just kidding" Then she asked me why I skipped.
Then Kyla just stopped, totally left me hanging, and finished another couple of pages of homework. Me not being able to take it anymore said: WELL..... what did you say when she asked you why? Kyla tilted her head a little and said: " I said; because it was just too easy " with a shrug of her shoulders. And with that, the conversation was over. :( Apparently it's not nearly as big of a deal to Kyla as it is to me.
I must also get in writing so I can tease her later that she was so mad that it took two weeks of school before she got any homework. Now that she has gotten a packet and has a week to do it, she wants to do it all in 1 or 2 days. "just one more page mom!" Seriously, who's kid IS THIS?
The good thing is, I think it helps Kade do his homework seeing Kyla want to do hers. Granted he is not jumping at the opportunity to do page after page after page, and he wants to do the least amount required, but... he's still doing it. Thankfully.
Speaking of Kade and referencing the title of this post - he told us today that he got a check mark next to his name. He said that he had to sit at a table and didn't get to play with the toys today. After several variations of the same question we discovered that she thought he threw something, but in fact he had picked a booger out of his nose and was holding his finger up to motion that he needs a tissue. LMAO. He was completely serious. Not embarrassed or anything at this fact. He wasn't trying to be gross, just stating what happened. I still can't stop giggling about this. What I can't figure out is why he didn't attempt to tell her that he wasn't throwing anything so he could try to play with toys - but I'm almost willing to bet it's because she wouldn't have given him the time of day anyway. ( that's the impression I get from her... but that's a whole other post )
No comments:
Post a Comment