Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Some catch up -

Jack is not ready for baseball - he just likes saying he's on a team. Hopefully it wont be a major breakdown tomorrow night when he doesn't practice.
Kyla has taken his place.

She has chosen baseball over dance for now ( I'm quite pleased with this decision, the whole 'dance' thing, was cute and all - but just not her fortay I'm afraid )

Robert is still on disability, from the motorcycle accident - and 90% of his body is healed and back to normal. The other 10% is causing him a lot of pain. He's a stubborn man and not doing what I want him to do to rectify the discomfort... but I wont get started on that. I need him to go back to work, him being home for lengthy amounts of time has so many high points, but not enough for me to enjoy it long term. October 18th-ish, is his scheduled return date.

We have had some rough mornings getting Kade up and out of bed for school. We have had some GREAT mornings of getting Kade up and out of bed for school. One of the worst days was rectified by me staying to help out in his class for about 2 hours. Thank god for my flexible job.

Kyla is really enjoying school, however told me today, that she is the "slowest one in the class" and "at the bottom of the reading chart." She didn't say it in a stress filled way, more in a matter of fact way. I figured out a way to get some details without focusing on it being negative and it sounds like it's taking her longer to get the daily work done in order to give her free time to read to get up the "reading chart." Strange, because she does her homework so quickly. I can't wait to have some time with her teacher. It's hard for me to just trust the system.

On that same note, I really enjoyed being in Kade's class the other day, it gave me a new understanding of Kade's teacher ( whom I previously had doubts about. ) I'm pleased with where he is.

I've had writers block for quite some time, so I'm writing this mainly just for the actual process of putting my own words onto paper ( or more appropriately, typing them onto screen. )

I'm looking forward to starting a Yogalates class with Becky and Mandy on Thursday night's next week! Something for me! YAY!

School makes time go by so quickly, I feel like I blink and I miss something.

No comments: