Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Do you know where your husband is??

I DO!!!!!!!!!
He's at WORK!! FINALLY. It has been a VERY long almost 18 months of disability - looking back, I'm partially surprised that we made it through. It is not normal to have your husband not have a routine for 18 months. Especially my husband, he's not exactly the most self motivated person in the world! Of course it hasn't been all bad - he has been able to spend a lot of quality time with the kids that he would have never gotten to do, and he got a lot of side work in, which is always good.

This morning though, I swear he was a little more handsome and lovable than he was last week... is that possible?? Well, that was until I discovered that he forgot his cell-phone!!

So did the weather suck or what this weekend?? Seriously - I had 4 days off and it was gloomy all weekend.
We still had a nice time though - we took the kids to the Discovery Science Center on friday - they loved it. There was however 7 field trips! I can't wait to go back when it's less crowded, if there is such a time.
Robert had a side job that was supposed to be just Sat. but ended up being Sunday instead and TJ was helping him, so I had 4 kids for about 48 hours.. I was exhausted, but it was fun for the most part. Robert, TJ, and I took the kids to Chucky(sp?) Cheese since the side job didn't work out - and it wore them out just enough for a perfect nap. I have great pictures but can't put them on right now of course!

Yesterday we celebrated my dad's birthday and bbq'd at his house - it was a really nice day with tons of great food! The only thing missing was the sun, hot weather, and swimming!!

The kids were so great this weekend - I wish I could remember all of the great things they've been saying, they really kept me amazed and entertained!
Kyla is just getting so big, it's happening too fast. You should hear her - everything out of her mouth is: "I can do this now because I'm 4, or Kade - you have to be 4 to do this," etc..
Kade's new word and subsequently now his nickname is: fooshnickens. Robert said it a long time ago and Kade started out by saying it when he falls, or drops something, or gets frustrated. He'll say - awwhh FOOSHNICKENS. I can't stop laughing when he says it, say it; you can't help but smile. So now it's also our nickname for each other.
Kade also said just completely out of the blue: "Girls belong in the house and boys belong outside!" EXCUSE ME?? I couldn't stop laughing, and we have no idea where that came from.
Jack seems to have grown over the last week as well. All of the tshirts he had been wearing and most of the pants are now WAY too tight. He already looks like he's a big corn-fed steak eating cowboy from the mid-west, now his clothes are too tight! I need to go buy him 4T's just so they look like they fit around his middle and roll up the bottom. Poor Kade - he can still wear some 2T pants! I have a linebacker and what Robert calls an "Ambercrombie Model" He says Kade is going to be the guy that can wear all the clothes that normal guys can't wear. ( Robert just has never been able to wear them ) Like the clothes from Express that he says XL is actually like small at any other normal store...
Anyway - I thought it was funny, I probably didn't translate it very well though.

3 comments:

Jeana said...

I think Ruby went from 2T to 5T in a blink of an eye and Abby went from 12 mos. to 2T in a flash. It is, however, very weird when you go to put on a pair of pants and you wonder if you shrunk their clothes?? That happens to me, too:)

themonteleones said...

Congrats on having a working husband again! I sometimes feel like my kids just skipped like 3 sizes.

Kelly said...

Glad to hear that Robert is back at work. I agree, the weather was horrible this weekend. We finally get a 4 day weekend and had to spend it inside most of it. : (