Friday, May 2, 2008

With good news comes bad news...

The good news:
My boss called me and asked if I was available to fly up on Thursday the 8th for a meeting with her and the owner about my career with the company! That has to be good right?
The owner told me not to wait until it's too late to let them know if I am less than satisfied ( because we just lost our warehouse manager and he didn't give them a chance to counter-offer, etc.. ) so I didn't, and they want to fly me up now. They don't do stuff like that, so I'm actually pretty excited for the first time in a long time about my job and job possibilities.
The bad news:
As of 3:06 p.m. on Friday May 2nd - we have NO confirmation from HR as to Robert's pay level and start time. We know he's going to Westminster and we know his position - but the 5th is apparantely NOT his start date. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm sure I know what happened; they probably told him the 5th OR the 12th ( which he did share with me ) but somewhere in their communicating with him he probably "decided" to hear that it was the 5th and they probably never actually said that. Oh well - I'm used to it. Maybe he'll clean the house for me next week. HAHAHAHAHAHA

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well the job thing sounds exciting! (You'll be back by the 10th, right?) :)

It's amazing that such a big company can mess around and be so unorganized like this. Well then again, I guess we (and Maria) have proof that companies can be incredibly disorganized!! I hope they end up giving him more than you're expecting after this long, drawn out drama! Have an excellent weekend!!!

themonteleones said...

Wow, that sounds very exciting for you. I think you need to take advantage of him being home for another week and have a to do list for him.

Jeana said...

That sounds great! Let me know, any company would be crazy to let you get away! Good luck and keep us posted!