Last night Kyla went to bed on her own, asked me to rub her "for a second" like normal, I left the room... standard so far.
Jack was asleep, Kade was asleep (odd for Kade, but true ) and I layed in bed excited to be going to sleep at 9:15 for a change.
Next thing I know, I hear Kyla crying to herself. I let it go for a few minutes because sometimes she just does this when she's tired, but she'll stop after she finds Dora or Minnie and cuddle and fall asleep. Not tonight.
She opens her door sobbing, which at this point instantly makes me think she is going to wake up Jack, and I tell her to come get in bed with me. She does, along with her Dora lunchbox, and still wont stop crying.
She says she wants Meme - through her sobs of course. I try to talk to her about happy things, rub her back, ask her questions to sideline her thoughts - nothing is working and this is what she says:
"mom, I'm trying to stop crying, I want to stop crying, I just CAN'T stop crying."
I have to admit several things happened then:
1) I giggled
2) I felt bad for giving her my obvious DNA
3) I understood exactly what she was saying
4) How in the world am I going to handle it when a friend or worst even a BOY breaks that big heart of hers and she really can't stop crying because her heart hurts. That will actually kill me I think.
P.S. Kade has now taken to living upside down as often as possible. He spends much of his evening doing a head stand on the back of the couch. His head is in the cushions and his feet are on the wall... he runs towards the couch and flips himself up there like that. It's hilarious! Wouldn't it be great if I could show you all a picture of what I'm talking about??? (o:
P.P.S Robert has found out that he will be working mandatory Saturdays and some Sunday's for all of June and July and part of August. Nothing like jumping back into work!! Yeay!!
4 comments:
I totally know what you mean by worrying about your kids heart being broken. Ruby is so sensitive, she is going to be "crushed" often. Abby will probably just tell the person where to go, if you know what I mean:)
We need to start hanging out on weekends, my husband is at work all weekend too!
I love the new look of your blog!! The story about Kyla is so sweet. She really is a sensitive, beautiful girl.
That is funny that Kade likes to do head stands. You will definitely have to show us a picture.
Post a Comment