Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Parties


Thursday night Becky, Amber, Cheryl, Nicole and I all decided to change our monthly coffee night to dinner and we went to PF Changs. It was such a wonderful night and the food was phenomenal! I hadn't been there in at least 10 years. ( not to mention the night away from very loud hyper children! )


Saturday night was my family's annual Christmas Party - My Aunt Jill hosted this year. All of us first cousins had a great time visiting and watching the 2nd cousins all run around. The best part of the night by far though was Santa coming! I wish I could adequately describe the wonderful innocence and pure joy that Jack experienced seeing Santa. When Santa was calling out names, Jack kept jumping up even if it wasn't his name. Once he was done passing out presents he just wanted to say on his lap and talk to him. He got really upset when other people had to take pictures of him. He was enamoured. I hope some of these pictures help paint the picture of how extremely sweet he was. Everyone said he made their whole night.

Seriously - how sweet is this picture?



Aiden brought his whole list... it was so funny!




Kade wouldn't sit on his lap, but he did give him a high five so that was good enough for me!










This is Jack waiting for his name to be called



this is when Santa first sat down! You can see the seriousness on their faces



This wasn't Jack's present... he just couldn't wait!



She also had this great craft - there are cinderblocks that look like snowmen. She painted them white and the kids got to decorate them. SO cute!!!


This is Kyla's cousin Ava - they were so cute together!!


Kade loves to paint so much, he couldn't stop at just the arms!














this isn't all, but most of the great-grandkids....

The children singing was the 2nd best part of the night!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They are so cute! You have a big family!! It must make the holidays/all parties very loud and fun.

Becky said...

What great singers you all are! I LOVE this post, I LOVE seeing family together, I LOVE how innocent the grand kids are, I LOVE that Santa was there! I can't wait until we celebrate ours!
Merry Christmas! Love Aunti Becky!

Anonymous said...

So cute, Shannon. Your right, Jack looks like he just loves Santa to pieces. What a big group you guys have, so much fun.