I remember posting a year ago a Happy Anniversary post to myself. I seriously feel like it was yesterday - how did a year go by so quickly? That's why I'm addicted to blogging, it helps me remember the year as it has passed and appreciate all of the wonderful and difficult times equally. ( ok, maybe the wonderful times a little more! ) That being said:
HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY TO ME! ( ROBERT TOO I SUPPOSE!! )
HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY TO ME! ( ROBERT TOO I SUPPOSE!! )
Tomorrow my mom will be keeping the kids overnight for us, and everyone keeps asking me what we'll be doing to celebrate. Well, we'll be enjoying the silence and maybe even watch an entire movie w/out hitting pause. I hope to cuddle, and laugh and talk while being in the same room together and maybe even by sitting next to each other, instead of in passing or from another room because we are occupied with one of the 3 bundles of joy we call Kyla, Kade and Jack! I may even throw on some makeup and do my hair and go out to dinner, but that's still up in the air......
I have to say that the past 5 years have been quite a journey, and I'm so proud to have made it to the point that we are at. I look forward to the next 5 years and I just want to take a moment to share the wonderful things that make my heart full of love.
If I am having a particularly difficult day / moment / hour with the kids - he will walk up to me and engulf me into his massive arms and chest and hold me tight. He wont let me go, whether the water is running for the dishes, or the kids are pulling at me screaming mommmmmyyy! He holds me there tightly while tears fill up in my eyes and rubs my head until my anxiety goes away. ( kind of like the tears in my eyes right now )
I have enless shows TIVO'd and tons of songs on my phone that I would never have even known where on TV or have thought to download, but he did because he knows I will love them. ( I however don't frequently get to watch these shows, but it's the thought that counts! )
If I have a craving for anything to eat at anytime, I don't think I've ever gone without no matter what the circumstance.
He wants to be a better man.
I feel like no harm will EVER come to me or our kids, almost like he is a protective bubble around us. Maybe that's a little naive, but it's an overwhelming sense of safety.
I love love, and I love being in love with Robert.



6 comments:
That was sweet! Even though Anthony and I have been together for 5 1/2 years, we have never had any kind of anniversary... I can't wait. Have fun!
Congrats! Here's to many, many wonderful years ahead for you two.
Congratulations Shannon and Robert on your past and present journey. I'm glad you got to spend a nice quiet day together to reflect on moments past.
Congratulations!! I can't believe it's been 5 years!
Congratulations!! I can't believe it's been 5 years!
AWw, Happy anniversary Shannon and Robert!!! May you have many many more!!!!!
"Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it."
Post a Comment