Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving and bubble baths....

I'm going to preface this post by saying that if I ever need a break and my kids are being grumpy the answer to all my problems is: bubble bath!

That being said - the kids took a few bubble baths this weekend. We've all had horrible sinus head colds since Thanksgiving ( well not Robert... why is it that the most un-healthy of all of us never gets sick???????????????? ) so the over all mood of the house isn't the best it's ever been.






Thanksgiving day was nice - Robert bbq'd the Turkey this year, and I have to say that I think we all agreed it was the best turkey we have ever had. We watched football during the day * GO COWBOYS!!! We may just get the opportunity to lose another play off game!* and then ate our yummy dinner. Next year though, I want to do lunch so we can have more time to hang out and have yummy turkey sandwiches!

Here are some pictures of our beautiful turkey!! LOL




I'm not sure who's idea it was but it was decided that it would be a cute picture of Gavin if he was holding one of the huge turkey legs..... he got his little lips on it and was in absolute heaven!!




The kids were being quite rowdy ( big surprise! ) so Robert re-focused their attention to wear them out! It was so funny because they were missing for so long, I finally went back there to see what miracle he performed to get them to be quiet....






My mom, Becky, and I met at 6:00 a.m. at Toys R Us on Friday - a first for all 3 of us! We decided though that we just couldn't pass up the deals. I saved so much money it was totally worth it!!!! This was the line to get in to Toys R Us. They had it all organized. They let a certain amount of people in at one time, then there were employees scattered through out the store keeping things in order and ready to help - I was impressed.



I hope everyone had a wonderful healthy long weekend with their friends and family!

5 comments:

Nicknessaemma said...

Your pictures were great! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! I can't believe you went to Toys R Us at 6, wow, did you get any good deals???=)

Jeana said...

They did have great deals... I just couldn't do it! Sounds like a nice weekend.:)

themonteleones said...

I have never heard of BBQing a turkey, sounds good!!!

Maяi ϟinϟ said...

OMG... your turkey looks SOOOOO good! You have to email me and tell me how to BBQ a turkey! LOL... i want some now!

Anonymous said...

Your turkey looked awesome!! Did it taste just as good as oven cooked? Wow, I can't believe you ventured out to participate in Black Friday- I always want to go, but once 5:00 or 6:00am hits on Friday morning I change my mind, oh well, maybe next year.