There is something about that word when it comes out of the mouth's of your 3, 4, & 5 year old child. Maybe it doesn't just have to be my child, I'm not sure - but I have a feeling that hearing another child tell me no wouldn't quite do to me what hearing my children say it does.
The unique tone and degree of anger, determination, and frustration they ( especially Kade and now Jack ) are able to put into this one, small, two letter word is exceptionally spectacular. Not in a good, impressive way either.
The unique tone and degree of anger, determination, and frustration they ( especially Kade and now Jack ) are able to put into this one, small, two letter word is exceptionally spectacular. Not in a good, impressive way either.
It pierces through my heart and patience like a dagger that takes me down. That one simple little word turns me into someone I sure wouldn't want to deal with.... and yet my children have no problem repeatedly saying it over and over and over.......... AND OVER.
Then Robert comes home and says a simple: "what did you say to your mom?"
Answer: "nothing, sorry Mom." and they stop.
How unfair is that? Mom's get the short end of the stick when it comes to that big time.
I thought for sure I would be the disciplinarian of the family, which I am, but I also thought I would be taken seriously by my children ( or at least by 2 out of 3 of them... I only have Kyla at this point ) I didn't think that Robert would get to be the good guy, and the disciplinarian both equally! LOL It's just wrong. Just cause he works 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 hours a week doesn't mean that I'm not important too right? hahaha
Answer: "nothing, sorry Mom." and they stop.
How unfair is that? Mom's get the short end of the stick when it comes to that big time.
I thought for sure I would be the disciplinarian of the family, which I am, but I also thought I would be taken seriously by my children ( or at least by 2 out of 3 of them... I only have Kyla at this point ) I didn't think that Robert would get to be the good guy, and the disciplinarian both equally! LOL It's just wrong. Just cause he works 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 hours a week doesn't mean that I'm not important too right? hahaha
Last night, Jack cried for 10 minutes after I got Kyla and Kade to sleep, and I just layed there next to him. Normally he would quit on his own and just lay down, as I could tell he was tired. I finally indulged him and said: "why are you crying"
His answer: "because I want to lay on that pillow!" ( I previously moved him over 10 inches so I could get into my own bed.... I wont even go into the story of why he was there )
I said fine and I hopped over him to his side of the bed. He crashed on the pillow - then about 2 seconds later his guilt kicked in and he nudged over and snuck me a kiss while my eyes were closed and said: good night mom, I love you.
His answer: "because I want to lay on that pillow!" ( I previously moved him over 10 inches so I could get into my own bed.... I wont even go into the story of why he was there )
I said fine and I hopped over him to his side of the bed. He crashed on the pillow - then about 2 seconds later his guilt kicked in and he nudged over and snuck me a kiss while my eyes were closed and said: good night mom, I love you.
Kade told me he wants to make me bleed yesterday because I took him out of the playroom where he just got in trouble. Later he came out and his guilt and shame was apparant, so I capitolized on it and asked him if he really wanted to hurt my heart and / or make me bleed. He said no of course not mommy, I love you.
And people at work ask me why I'm always "tired" while I'm here.
I'm not going to re-read this, so for those of you that made it through to the end - I hope it made some sort of sense.
2 comments:
Oh Shan you're not alone. NO is a terrible word, and to now hear my 2 year old saying it to me just breaks my heart :(
I have a love/hate thing with the word 'no'. I love the way Draven says it ... sometimes.. I need to record it and show you so you can hear how cute he sounds. Then again when he's giving me the "evil eye" and yelling at me 'NO!'.. well that's different.
Post a Comment