Monday, July 20, 2009

A play date, a movie date, hot weather and a water slide.

Our friends Jack and Ben came over to play with us on Saturday morning ( they brought their mommy Nicole too ) and after about an hour of playing in the house - we broke out the slip-n-slide.... ( it's SOOOOO hot - I feel horrible for the pregnant mommies especially! )

After getting them all lotioned and suited up - they were good to go. None of the kids quite got the hang of exactly how to do the slide, but they made it work and enjoyed every minute of it....

There aren't many faces in the pictures - but hey - they are action shots right???
( ignore my horrible back yard - it's our fall project! lol )









Before our guests left for the day, we cooled off in the a/c and did a little break-dancing (o:



Seriously, how cute is this picture??? I'm so impressed!


After our friends left, we went swimming for a big in meme & papa's pool.... ( I couldn't cool off for some reason! )

Naps were great that day!!

Later in the evening Kyla and I had a date. We went out for pizza, to the chocoloate store, and to see Ice Age in 3D. I'm so mad I didn't get a picture of her in her 3D glasses.... she kept sticking her hand out to try to catch the "flying" objects! We did lots of cuddling in the movie theater and I got a great good night kiss later in the evening. An absolute perfect date.

On our date



>Picture taking while waiting for Daddy to get home.... I thought this was so creative of them! ( Jack and Kyla )




Sunday was Taylor's 3rd birthday - she had a princess party with lots of princess dresses and a beautiful princess cake.

Strangely Kyla didn't want to go even though I told her about the jumbo water slide and Kade never wants to do anything, so when they both asked if they could stay at meme's house... I jumped on the thought of only having 1 child at a birthday party!!! Perfect right? Nope.

Jack wouldn't go down the slide, and he wouldn't leave my side. I figured he would have had the most fun out of all 3 kids - but without his brother and sister there, he was so clingy and didn't want to do anything. ( side note, he's been off for a couple of weeks now, not eating, sleeping too much, a few other things... I'm going to take him in to get checked )

I left to try to switch kids - but it wasn't going to happen. There was no switching possible at that point, it was all or nothing and I just wasn't up for "all"




Lastly, I would like to end this entry with how much better Robert is at telling stories than I am. I went to tuck Kyla in and she asked:
"can you tell me a story mom? "
Me: "sure!"
Kyla: "just don't make it one of your short boring stories, make it a good one like dad does."
Me trying to be funny made an attempt and when that didn't work, I grumbled:
" Go see daddy "
Robert says: "yah mom, we tell good stories about chickens, and gummy bears, and pickles and flying dragons and stuff."

Well, I swallowed my pride, hit mute on the TV, and listened in. The giggles that came from my princess were hilarious - she couldn't stop laughing and this was making Robert laugh so hard he could barely finish his story and he had tears rolling down his cheeks. Those are the moments that we as parents live for.



2 comments:

Summers Family said...

What a super FUN morning it was. Thank you SO much for having us over and for playing so hard with my boys. We got great naps as well. Glad to read that the rest of your weekend went well. Hope to see you soon.

MomMeMe said...

Absolutely ADORABLE picturs!!!Kyla would have enjoyed the waterslide!!Lets get one for the day-call it an "end of summer fun day"...before everyone starts school!August is always soooo hot!
Precious to see Kyla giggle with her daddy! Sooo sweet! XOXOX MomMeMe