Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rock Stars and Game Inventors....

My kids change their mind daily about 'what they want to be when they grow up'

My boys always lean towards very boy-type of things ranging from astronauts to football players, but yesterday all 3 of them decided on being a rock group. They LOVE those commercials where the kids sing the real songs from the radios... but clearly there are kids singing the songs. That's what they wanted to do.

Kyla arranged the set up, she was the singer and guitar player, Kade was also on guitar and Jack played the drums.... they set up their spots with towels and made me turn on the radio.... I have NO idea why I didn't video this - but pictures will have to do.


Look at the concentration! Tongue is out and everything!




A couple of random things:

Kyla said she was afraid of the dark the other day ( she's not )
Kade walked up to her and said: "Kyla I will never let anything get you, I'll always protect you." My heart melted. 5 minutes later, he kicked her and called her a fart head. *sigh*

Jack has been riding Kade's bike without training wheels! I can let go for about 8 feet. ( this makes Robert VERY nervous ) Kade made us take the training wheels off, but wont ride it, and refuses to back track by putting them back on. I'm hoping that psychologically it will bug him to see Jack ride first, but he could care less - he cheered him on and said "GO JACK!"

If there is one thing about Kade, he is his own person, not easily influenced at all and does what he's comfortable with. Coercing, good or bad, has very little affect on him.

Kyla is a creator, that's for sure. She draws, comes up with pretend things to do all the time, makes books, writes letters, etc.. etc.. Yesterday though, she blew me away.

Apparently, she created a whole 'board game'

Kyla made the rough draft, and Sydney drew it on a big paper for Kyla to color.
Kyla even dictated the rules to Sydney, who wrote them out for Kyla to trace later.
She came up with game pieces, and even made a spinner.

Well..... come to find out this wasn't her first game?! This is like her 3rd one! She says she likes this one the best though.

Last night too - she asked me if I would read her a book before bed, and once I started she said: "Never mind, I'll do it" and proceeded to read me the book!

I'm sorry, I probably talk about this A LOT. I'm just soooooooooo proud of her and her abilities, but most proud that she really really enjoys doing these things, they bring her happiness and a lot of smiles.

She named it: "Sandy Days"

Complete with sand dollars and action spaces
The Rules
The spinner and the game pieces
This is a book that her and Sydney have created for "lessons"

This is either her 1st or 2nd game creation... it's a balloon and money game...
The spinner and game pieces for that one

The money pieces to buy the balloons ( which cost $.8 btw )



2 comments:

UsdailyReader said...

What is she going to do when she starts kindergarten???? She will be so bored.

themonteleones said...

Sorry, that was me I was stalking again!!!