Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Doctors Appt, vent, and soccer

Ever since Jack had his hospital stay, he has been horribly afraid of the doctor. We have explained quite a few times that the doctor is different than the hospital, but he's having none of it.

I was very late in getting my boys their well checks for the year, and the date had finally come yesterday. Robert was able to make it, so my dad was off the hook... but there was no way I could do it on my own.

We picked up the boys and Kyla wanted to go with us for support for her brothers. Well I thought that was a great idea, until it got to the 1½ hour mark. It was taking forever and 3 kids in a very small room did not prove to be good for the nerves of any of us. It could have been severely worse, but seriously - they could have sped things up A LOT!

We were missing a polio shot of Kyla's so it was a good thing she came, otherwise I would have had to make another appointment to bring her back.

Kade was such a big boy. He peed in a cup, did his hearing and eye test, checked his temp under his tongue and didn't fight the weight and height things. Normally he does. He whispered to me that he would show Jack that it doesn't hurt so he doesn't cry. I wish it would have worked, but the thought was nice and just what I needed.

Kyla is 44 lbs, 47 inches
Kade is 38½ lbs, 41½ inches
Jack is 38 3/4 lbs, 40½ inches

At least I have a little while longer that Kade can say he is the bigger brother ( height wise ) and not just the older brother.

After we tortured them with shots, we took them to McDonalds to play on the big play yard and all was well. Today the boys are proud of the "pokes" in their legs. Kyla not so much about her arm!

School is going very well for Kyla so far. She still gets weepy in the morning, but it's getting better and better. Her teacher assures me she is transitioning just perfectly and not to worry. I know Kyla doesn't want to cry either, because she pinky promises me that she's "not going to cry tomorrow." It's amazing to me that she is slightly bored with the work that they are doing. A lot of it is review at this point for her, and just perfecting a few things that she's needs to perfect. It's hard to get her to concentrate on the stuff that is review and perfecting. She's messing up on purpose to get attention I think. I don't like that kind of stuff. I would rather her refuse to do it then be silly like that. That's just me I guess. There are other things to be silly about in my opinion... just get it done.

I'm still getting a lot of feedback from strangers through family members and friends telling me that "everyone is shocked" that we moved her up. That "they would never do it, in a million years." While I COMPLETELY expected this, my slight frustration with it is: It's already done. Negativity will not change that. At this point it seems more fitting to say: "good luck, must have been a difficult decision." I think I must be in an irritable mood today? The things is as well, In going forward there will be difficulties that come from this decision, will I get "I told you so's" if I openly discuss any issues that arise? Anyway - moving on............ :)

Kyla's 1st soccer game is tonight at Stephen Foster at 6:30. I'm so excited for her.... and it looks like lots of friends are going to swing by for support! I love that it's in a nice close location for that reason especially!

No comments: