Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Just trying to remember things...

My kids were on extra entertainment mode this past week I think...

I should have written it all down as it happened like my mother says to do - but that's just not me. I am determined that I will remember ( even though I should know by now that I lost 75% of my short term memory as a result of my 3 back to back pregnancies ) <--- not diagnosed btw, just my excuse that sounds fitting.

Let's see, what is the best way to type this stuff out ~

I remember:

Every time Kade gets in trouble for hitting or some other form of inflicting pain on his brother, he has to hug him sincerely and apologize to him. He REALLY hates being told to show affection, he likes everything to be on his terms, but we do it no matter how long it takes. Now all I have to say is "fix it" and he knows what I mean. Anyway -Jack LOVES affection. He immediately stops crying, puts his arms out wide and stands within an inch of Kade and says: "I'm ready!" I think he likes it so much that he totally over-exaggerates the severity of his injuries.

Another thing with Jack. He likes to brush Kyla's and my hair. It's taken a few tries for him not to feel like he's scratching our scalp, but he's getting pretty good at it now. Yesterday morning he wanted to brush Kyla's hair. I tried everything to distract him and get him to brush mine, but hers was wet from the shower so it "works better" he says. She let him for a second, then stood up and said - "that's enough Jack." He started bawling and came to find me with this to say: " Mom, Kyla doesn't want me to brush her hair, and it made me really really sad, I love her so much." Kyla was right next to me at that point, trying not to smile.

Kade is feeling Kyla growing up and leaving him I think. He spends most of his time begging her to play with him. "Kyla, if you play pretend with me, you can pick the "movie" ( that's what they call the scenario ) and I'll give you ALL of my motorcycle money." <-- his change that his daddy gives him to save for a motorcycle. The kids are doing a lot of nit picking at each other.... just doing tiny little annoying things to irritate each other, so half of my time with them is spent hearing: " MOM! Kade is coffee-ing me!" ( they don't say copying, no matter how many times I've corrected them, they say coffee-ing - LOL! ) I told them a long time ago that when someone copies you, it means they love you and want to be like you. So now, Kade's excuse for trying to get to do that longer is by saying: "KYLA - if I coffee you, it means I love you."

Kyla is getting way too big too fast. She remembers so much and prefaces asking for something by acknowledging what I've previously told her. " Mom, I know you've told me that you really don't want me to _____, but _______________ "

She is very into what she calls: "fashion" right now. She picks out her own outfits and accessorizes them. These things rarely match, nor would be something that I would want to take her anywhere in. I would rather her wear a Halloween costume out in May than some of the things she puts together.... but how do you tell her that? She comes out and does a full twirl, pose, and request for praise. She dresses up and calls herself wearing a "fashion outfit" and tells Kade to dress "cool" too. Him dressing cool always includes jeans, his Harley boots, his motorcycle vest and a hat backwards. It cracks me up to hear them talking about what party they are going to that day.

Kyla is going to be Taylor swift for Halloween. Kade calls that song that says: "she wears high heals, I wear sneakers" Kyla's Song, and makes me play it 10 x per day. Kade stands in the background strumming his air guitar and sings while Kyla's eyes are affixed to the TV picking up an extra few words with each playing.

Jack knows exactly how to get me to do absolutely anything he wants. He has a smile that calms me down instantly, and makes me smile no matter what I'm feeling. He wants me to feel good at all times. He rubs my arm and face and asks: "does that feel good mom?" He calls for me by saying: " I NEED YOU MOM " He brings me 2 cars and says: "which one do you want to play with mom?" and then proceeds to instruct me to use my car to follow him around the house. He has to have some sort of truck or car with him at all times through out the day - except when he's swimming. They go on outings with us, everywhere.

I told Robert when I was pregnant with Kyla that I'm so excited to be having a baby so that I will have that feeling of love - that says: I NEED you and you are the most important thing in my life. Jack gives me that exact feeling that I was talking about 6 years ago. He's going to make someone the absolute BEST husband someday. ( if I'll let him of course! )

This is a video of Kyla singing Taylor Swift. If you can make it through the first hard to hear 23 seconds, the rest is totally worth it! Turn your volume up! (it's dark, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity )

1 comment:

MomMeMe said...

Wonderful things to share...not to bad for not writing it all down...(which is now written huh?)Jack lets me pick a car to play with him too!!I LOVE Kades freakin attitude..every hour on the hour he finds something to bug Jack about...but soon after is hugging & loving him-ITS ALL GOOD!& Kylas video is soooo CUTE!!our little rocker/country girl!XOXO MomMeMe