Friday, September 18, 2009

September....

Boy this starting school thing has been a wake up call! A good and needed one, but definitely a wake up call. We were severely lacking on a routine, and I'm sure that's what happens to most families during the summer time - and it was quite enjoyed now that I look back.

However, I'm a controlling type of person, so I'm welcoming the kick start!

I haven't blogged much over the last 3 weeks, and I have been doing most of my direct uploading of pictures straight to facebook. I needed to post them here for my one day publishing. These aren't high quality since they are from my phone, but certainly not any less important to me.

I'm feeling really good about our decision to bump Kyla up to 1st grade. The conversations I've had with her teacher, and just doing her homework and completing the 20 minutes of daily reading every night just reiterates it for me. She definitely is having an adjustment period to daily school life in general though. My baby girl maxes out quickly - endurance wise. She is very tired and likes to have a mental / physical break when needed. These are long days for her and she's asked a few times if she can stay home and be a "normal kid" and play at meme's house. Thankfully, we moved her so early in the year, kindergarten and 1st grade days are no different to her, so it's a general statement about just being tired. I can't wait for her "normal" to be going to school from 8:30 - 3:00 every day. We are getting to bed earlier and earlier, and have created some "happy charts" to have rewards after each week of no tears ( and no severe back talk ) I think one of the biggest adjustments is for the boys to seemingly be losing their sister to a more focused set of requirements. They are pretty frustrated with the homework, reading, showering, bedtime specifics she is following now! LOL They miss their lala-butts.

Here are just lots of pictures now........ They make me smile :)

My 2 Jacks... Jackie loves his papa.

Isn't this the sweetest picture ever?

They were "pretending" to sleep.

posing for her first day of school!

Working on her 1st homework assignment ever.

Jack was helping Kyla with her homework

The completed homework project :)

Kyla and Daddy

The sign meme made for her because she forgot to make a simple "welcome home" one like she promised.





Kyla chose her own outfit for Labor Day... a little off season I would say.

Labor day lunch with friends



We had a girls night out to dinner... and she wasn't satisfied with just an normal picture

This is the "normal" one she wasn't happy with.

Aiden draws, builds, and creates complete cities any way he can

The sentence that got my baby girl into 1st grade.

I will remember this picture as the only time they smiled that night. It was a rough night.

One of my 4 favorite places to be.

Auntie Cheryl surprised Kyla with congratulations balloons for her kindergarten "graduation"

Opening / picture day as an Aqua Butterfly


The St. Joseph's Carnival



When Jack gets antsy, I just hand my phone over and he starts snapping pictures!

Auntie Cheryl brought over some clothes for the boys, and Kade found these pjs instantly and wouldn't take them off for 2 days - despite their size. lol

Jack said he need 'A' band aid. I gave him one, he snuck and got the rest. "what mom? I have a bad boo boo"

Just before Kyla scored the 1st goal in their practice scrimmage game..

The first day of 1st grade home work.... I'm going to need a tutor as she gets older I can tell already.


1 comment:

MomMeMe said...

I Love the picture of you & Kyla-very precious...also LOVE Aiden & Gavins picture..they all are great actually-how can I get some copies?Lots of good feelings about Kyla going up to 1st grade-I'm glad she is handling it so good!XOXOX