
I can not believe how quickly the time goes when you have children. I remember thinking back at the end of each high school year about how fast the time flew by, but that was kind of in retrospect, now with kids - it actually seems to go by quickly during the time actually passing, which is a whole different kind of fast!
This is of course except for when they are screaming.
Now don't get me wrong, there are SO many 'minutes' through out the day that my kids don't scream, but it didn't seem like it much this weekend.
Jack will not let me put him down - his poor mouth is killing him and he has blisters on his knuckles from sucking on his fingers so much. Poor little man.
Kade actually wasn't too bad this weekend, last night though, he just would not fall asleep. He was so tired and normally will fall asleep within 5 minutes of laying with one of us on the couch - not last night. We started a movie ' An Unfinished Life ' with Robert Redford and Jennifer Lopez in it - at about 8:30 - he should have fallen straight to sleep. Instead he watched the whole thing without saying a word. It was set in Wyoming and had bears and a little girl, so maybe that grabbed his attention. It was so weird cause normally he is so wirey! Then he finally went to sleep with his daddy in our bed, I didn't have the heart to put him in his bed.... besides Kyla started having a nightmare right about then, so I ended up sleeping with her in her twin bed. COZY!!! lol
Jack, my perfect sleeper cried himself to sleep last night, and it totally broke my heart - but there was nothing else I could do for him - my sweet baby.
We've created a Santa Chart filled with happy faces and sad faces. It works half the time for Kyla. She really wants a princess bike but she has the worst argumentative attitude right now - like if you tell her the sky is blue, she'll say "no it's not." just to say it. ( of course she doesn't get that from her mommy! lol ) and sometimes I just want to duct tape her mouth shut - so I'm using her chart to help curve her little tone of voice.
She had her gymnastics "show" this weekend. I was pretty disappointed with the equipment they put out and she was bored after 10 minutes, so we just went and played at the park - which she loved so that was fun!
Well.... more later!
No comments:
Post a Comment