Monday, December 31, 2007

We lost Jack!







My Jack is a runner. As soon as he sees an open door( or notices they are unlocked ) , he's out of it and running away as fast as his fat little legs will let him move! Because of this we are extra precautionary in locking all of our doors ( who knows what we'll do when he figures out how to unlock them )
Yesterday we were all in and out of the backyard because Robert enclosed the bottom part of their swingset to make a club house... anyway - K & K were in the house getting ready for lunch and I went out back to get Jack as well - but I didn't see him and he didn't come when I called him. I looked everywhere ( so I thought ) and then noticed the side gate was open. This is a mystery by the way because we didn't use it all day and it's NOT easy to open in the first place. I ran in the house and screamed to Robert that the gate was open and Jack is gone. ( he was peeing, so he runs out of the house still zipping up, I'm in my un-matching braless pj's ) Robert takes off down one side of the street, I take off running down the other with both of us screaming for him and looking back towards the house to make sure our other 2 don't take off - not like we could stop them if they too wanted to run away! We get to our respective corners not finding him and run back to the house having panic attacks - and wouldn't you know it - out walks Jack just smiling from the open fence that created this whole commotion. He was covered in mud so he must have made his way around a ton of things to the back of the house and was crawling in the mud. Nice.

Now when one of us goes outside, we lock the doors and take a set of keys with us... we are prisoners in our own home - lol.

No comments: