Thursday, December 27, 2007

Santa, bad mom, tummy aches and dancing....

Bad mom: I didn't take ANY still pictures on Christmas. We took a little bit of video but not a lot.... how sad is that. We need to hire someone to do it for us as it just doesn't seem possible to capture anything yet as both sets of arms are always needed. I also didn't take the kids around the block on their new bikes yesterday ( day after Xmas ) - I just spent all day in my pj's and trying to find room for all their stuff!
Santa: Kyla really got it this year and that was great. She made the cutest little faces and noises and jumped up and down when she woke up and saw her bike... it was adorable - however again, it will all be in my memory as opposed to actually you know, utilizing technology to get it on film! lol
Tummy aches: Boy did we have a lot of those this holiday. Jack was up screaming between 1-2 a.m. and then all morning as well. He slept through most of the activities at mom and dad's house, but once he woke up, all hell broke out. The other kids were grumpy and fussy and loud all morning but add my new crying Jack to the mix and we just had to get out of there before my parents didn't wants us back for dinner! I cried from the sever lack of sleep and all of the crying we've experienced the last few days so we went home and Robert let me take a nap with K & K while he watched Jack - then we put Jack down again and had some piece and quiet.... when he woke up he was horribly crying again, so Robert didn't even get to come to dinner - he stayed home with Jack so he didn't ruin everyone's dinner with his fussiness. It was bad enough having to scream for Aunt Hattie to hear us, much less having to scream over Jack's crying!!
Dancing: My wonderful hubby put on his new George Strait CD and made me stop what I was doing and dance with him. He held me close and told me to close my eyes and pretend it was quiet.. The kids were pulling at my clothes saying " commmere mmmmoom!" but he just squeezed me tighter and I actually relaxed. Iam tearing up just thinking about it now. I wanted to go out to dinner last night, but of course we don't dare take the kids and what's tht point anyway - so he told me to just go by myself and he would watch the kids. ( I've never done that before ) so I did!!! I really really enjoyed it. I took some US magazines and went to Hofs Hut and got a salad. I think I'll have to do it again sometime.

1 comment:

themonteleones said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas.....especially the dining alone part, I need to try that!