I couldn't fall asleep last night because I just couldn't stop thinking of all of the millions of things I want to say about how much I love Kyla. I want her to look back at this and be able to tell through my words how infinite my love is for her, and how she actually helps me breathe.
As most of you know, 2 months before I found out that I was pregnant with Kyla I was told chances are I wouldn't be able to have children. When my doctor told me I was pregnant after me experience this horrible unexplainable sickness for 3 weeks ( which I thought was an ulcer ) I couldn't stop crying. I think that's when my life began and I remember it vividly. My wonderful doctor cried with me and gave me such a big hug ( she actually sent me a thank you note for being able to be the one to tell me. )
The pregnancy was pretty good until the end, I gained 60 lbs and ate a cake every other week... I was horribly swollen and went into pre-term labor a few times. I told everyone the date I was going to have her, and I did. My water broke after I watched Love Actually and sobbed at my favorite part thus causing contractions to start... Labor was horrible ( she came out with her hand on her forehead and I had back labor ) but once she was here, I could have jumped off of that hospital bed just to kiss her if I had to.
Kyla was the perfect baby - she slept through the night at 6 weeks and was non-stop happy. She was so chunky and heavy and adorable as she grew up. She lit up a room and we were so proud of her.
I think I'll do a few of my "things about Kyla" ( includes some bragging!! )
1. Kyla knew how to count to 10 and her ABC's by 20 months old - it hasn't stopped since.
2. She loves salad with croutons and bacon bits, and frequently asks if she can have that for dinner.
3. She calls me nearly every morning to tell me that she loves me and talk about her outfit that she is wearing ( or ask if she can change it.. Robert can't deal w/ that "nonsense" )
4. She makes these wonderful humming/happy/pleasure noises when she's snuggling up to you or getting cozy in her bed
5. She smells better than anything else on the planet - like "cinnamon butterflies"
6. She can't wait to have as many freckles as I do - she says..
7. I call her Lala-butts. I can't stop. Robert used to call the kids Monkey butts because their perfect little butts looked like Monkey butts, but some how it's graduated to Kyla-butts or Lala-butts. She answers happily
8. Kyla can get her daddy to do ANYTHING for her.
9. She is love. She shows love, she gives love, she wants love, she loves love.
10. She is a girly-tomboy. I always say that one of her biggest choices will probably be whether or not to be the cheerleader or the athlete... she'll go straight from the nail/hair salon to the field - hopefully she'll be a Gabrielle Reese when she grows up!
Kyla you are my perfect, beautiful, smart, kind, compasionate, wonderful daughter who came into my life to change it for the better forever.
I love you my Lala-butts. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
1 week into the adventure of Kyla

My chunky monkey at age 1

Her personality at age 2 showed us what was to come

3 was a great great year for Kyla!

My 4 yr old beautiful princess.
3 comments:
The love a parent has for a child is indescribable! You are so lucky to have such a darling little girl. Now, can we just figure out how to bottle them up and keep their innocence forever? Very sweet, Shannon! Happy Birthday Kyla!
Ah, Shannon... Kyla is getting to be such a big girl.She is so lucky to have such a great mommy that loves her so much. Enjoy the birthday celebration!
testing for mom
Post a Comment