Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Can't think of a title

I feel like all we do is discipline. Back and forth between me and Robert. It's way worse when he isn't home from work yet, so by the time he gets home I've about had it.
He's way better at diverting their attention than I am, something I really need to work on due to their age - but when they are all coming at me at once being really naughty, I get so frustrated.

I am really down on myself and the truth is, I know why. I actually thought I would have better kids. I was a really really good kid. I thought I would have really really good kids. I did. I know, crazy and irrational, but I did. My kids aren't horrible, I do know that. I am proud of my kids. When they are all going through REALLY difficult stages, I have a hard time seeing the positive. Kade can just be down right mean. His antibiotics is NOT helping his attitude. Jack is the hardest terrible 2 to date, and Kyla - oh my god. She is too smart for her own good, and actually debates with me like I did when I was 13 to my parents. Um, I don't think so. I will win that battle.... she doesn't seem to get that. The good thing is, she feels bad if she's been bad ( after awhile, not right away )

One good thing, Kyla and Kade went to bed before 9 last night - but Jack - not until 10:00. He was tired, he really was - but he just couldn't get to sleep. He just kept talking and rubbing my head and kissing me, and pulling up his shirt so I would rub his back, and singing, and banging his head on the mattress ( he's always done that when he's trying to fall asleep and can't... ) He's also sucking his thumb less. I keep trying to give him his thumb and the tag from his blanket to get him to sleep, he'll take it for a second - then throw it away with a huge grunt.

I've decided I have multiple personality disorder. lol. I go from being so angry and frustrated at any given one of my children to uncontrollable love and wanting to hug and kiss and hold them forever - all within seconds of each other.. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???????????

I can't keep my emotions straight. Ok, I'm done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon you're crazy! Your kids have always been well-behaved, sweet, kind, and well mannered everytime I've seen them. It's just tough working full time and taking care of 3 kids so close in age.

Jeana said...

I think to a certain extent, we all have "multiple personalities". Be strong with the kids and they will thank you later. Disciplining the ones you love the most STINKS!!!