Monday, August 25, 2008

Picture filled weekend -


Saturday night Robert and I went to a "no kids" party. I had to call it that so the kids could understand why we were leaving without them. It's funny if you use certain key words sometimes they just get it.

My friend Amber who I've known for about 13 years invited us over. She and her ex, along with me and Geoff, Jason and Cheryl, Branden and Nicole and Becky & her ex ( Henry ) all used to hang out every single Friday and Saturday night for several years! My mom also used to watch her oldest daughter... We lost touch with her through the break-ups but have recently gotten back in touch and it was like no time passed at all!!

Too bad Nicole wasn't there... I could have posted a 1998 & 2008 picture!

How adorable is she?

Look, I was out with my husband AND my friends!!! Crazy I know!



Sydney and her mom watched the kids, and Sydney stayed the night too! Kyla couldn't have been more excited, it was probably the longest day of Kyla's life waiting for Sydney to get there. They said the kids were great ( I'm choosing to believe them, even though they said Kade didn't throw even 1 fit! ) We got home about 9:30 - and I had just enough to drink to get my brain talking about sending the boys home so the girls could stay longer, but smartly my friends all declined that idea!

I've been kind of sad lately about how fast Kyla is growing up - and now she's having "friends" spend the night. BUT... she made me feel better by crying ( this probably sounds inconsiderate of me ) at 4:00 a.m. saying that she just " needed you mom " Yeay! I brought her in my bed and got some great cuddling in.

Sydney ended up staying with us for a park trip and more swimming! I swear my life is so much easier when she is around. I'm not tense, I'm happy and relaxed. It's crazy. I told her mom I wanted them to move in with us.






This brings me to Sunday night. We were supposed to take family pictures down at Seal Beach with a photographer... Well, I wont get into why it was just me and Kyla - but let me just say I was NOT happy about it. I'm thinking the pictures are going to turn out great and we actually had a very nice night together just me and her - but I don't do well with last minute changes.

These are just from my camera.... we went for a walk down Main St. and Kyla wanted a vanilla milkshake and french fries. I just love her.



Healthy huh????

this was after walking back to the beach to get the car... she was freezing.


Ok last but not least - how cute is this picture????











5 comments:

Jeana said...

I want a Sydney! It must be 4 when they stop needing mommy so much. I swear Ruby needs me more now than ever!!!!Ugg!

Bill and Paige said...

I know it wasn't what you planned, but that night with just Kyla sounded so fun! And she looked so cute and happy:)

Unknown said...

Is it just the outsider speaking or is life starting to really shape up over there?

Kelly said...

Your mommy and daughter night looked like it turned out great.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all the picts of you and Kyla!!