Friday, August 29, 2008

Swimming, peeing, and molars.

I haven't posted this week because I have all but pulled every last hair out dealing with Jack. He is 2. He is getting his 2 yr molars. He is on antibiotics for an ear infection. He is constipated from these antibiotics. He is KILLING me. He screams bloody murder for like 5 minutes with zero warning and no consolation. One night he had me up until 11p.m. I haven't been in the best of moods to say the least.

On to peeing. Kade is no where near being potty trained. In fact, we don't even try. He as well, screams bloody murder at just the thought of it and heaven forbid we put him on the toilet.... we might as well cut his arm off or something. I have been fine with "it will happen, they have to be ready." Well tell me if this doesn't change your mind. Yesterday after I got the boys home from taking a quick dip in the pool.... it was quick by the way because of 2 things. 1) Kade got in and out and said "ok, I'm done, I want to go home and play baseball now. 2) Jack sees his sister not wearing floaties or a vest and so he doesn't want to put them on either. He has to have them on to get in the water if Im not in there. Well - we put them on him ( very forcefully because he was fighting it the whole time ) and he proceeded to scream, yes bloody murder, for 5 full minutes while he was in the water biting the side of the pool. SOOOOO I had had enough at this point, and pulled him out. I started to take off his vest and floaties, because clearly this is what he wants right? NOPE. He has no idea what he wants. He acts like he wants them on. I'm really done at this point, so I wrap him in a towel and throw him and Kade ( and Kade's scooter of course ) in the car and go home.

Ok... that was quite the build up, but it's what happened to get me to this point.

My boys were naked after getting them home so I could put their dry clothes on. I finally after fighting Jack to get his diaper on realize that naked Kade has been missing for 2 minutes. I call him and this is the following conversation:

Me: "did you pee on my floor somewhere?"
Kade: "No, I didn't."
Me: "show me where you peed so I can clean it up."
Kade: "Ok, it's right over here."
Me: " I thought so."
Kade: "There it is mommy, I peed in the cup."



Me: "Kade, there is no pee in the cup, only on the carpet."
Kade: "are you sure? I know I got some pee in the cup!"
Me: " Nope, no pee in the cup Kade. Where are you supposed to go pee?"
Kade: "In the cup instead of on the carpet?"
Me: "NO, try again."
Kade: "Oh yeah, on the grass."
Me: (trying not to laugh) "nope, try again."
Kade: "but I like to pee on the grass."
Me: " I know you do, but where are you SUPPOSED to go pee?"
Kade: ( head hanging now ) "In the toilet."
Me: " Ya, now get a towel and clean it up."
Kade: "Ok."

The thing is, this cup was previously full of dominoes that he had put in there after he finished his nightly tea. ( I know, I know. ) So he had to actually take the dominoes out of the cup, then put the cup on the floor all BEFORE he went pee in it. I'm sorry - but doesn't that sound like the child knew he had to pee and can now PEE in THE TOILET? I think I'm over "waiting." I've taken away his bat, ball, hat, & glove until he pees in the toilet. Do you think that sounds about right, or should I just keep waiting?



Ok - on to very exciting things:
Kyla can now do handstands and swim down to the bottom of the shallow end (so far) and get rings... I'm so excited. It seems like just last week she learned to really swim under water and not doggy paddle. She can swim the whole length of the pool even! I video taped her, but I used my phone instead of my camera and I can't figure out how to download it. I'm sure I have a cord somewhere...........



Here is her and Aiden finishing their handstands.

And here is Aiden actually diving off the diving board. He can swim to the bottom of the deep end already.



Lastly - I figured out a way to actually get some of the pictures that we took on Sunday off of the website without paying for it. I wont even get into how horrible they turned out. I am so disappointed. That's a whole separate novel in itself. She barely captured Kyla - I mean she took 84 pictures, and I barely like 5 or 6 of them. Kyla is normally very photogenic so I thought being a professional they would be awesome... nope. ( not to mention I had WAY too much makeup on and my jeans were too big )

2 comments:

Jeana said...

Don't give up on potty training. Have you tried him only wearing underwear? Ruby was really embarrassed when she had an accident. It was hard to train her with 2 kids in the house, I can't imagine 3. Be strong!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Shan... and NO DO NOT FEEL BAD!!!! Some kids require some "unpleasant encouragement" to get there with this one. I have one....and if it gives you any hope at all, we survived (both of us)!