Thursday night I took Kyla to see baby Gavin - she's so funny... she goes: "awwwhhh he's sooo cute, are you sure you don't want a baby in your tummy mom? " Um, let me think.... NO.
Truth is, I really miss holding a newborn, but I got to leave and give this one back. He's doing so good - he eats constantly and is already sleeping from 11:30 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. How unfair is that? I hope he doesn't change and get his days and nights mixed up or anything. I'll cross my fingers for them that they stay lucky since it's pretty early on.

Friday night it was SO hot, we decided to go swimming about 7:00. The water felt so good and Kyla had just learned how to swim under the water with no floaties, so she could barely fathom the thought of possibly wating until the next day to show us! This is a movie of her and Aiden swimming together. I'm so proud of her! URRGGHHH I just sat here trying to upload a video for 45 minutes and it didn't work. It got all the way to the processing stage and then just stopped, so your stuck with pictures so imagine them as action shots!
My underwater swimmer!!!!!

She would scream: "Cannonball!!" and jump in the water

They were just so proud of themselves!

My Jackie. He dives and jumps right in, he's pretty fearless too. He goes under water and everything. The good thing is, he doesn't go in the water unless he has those things on ( That's for you Julie )

My poor Kade just observing. ( Just kind of cute to have all 4 in a picture.. ) It's going to be so hard to actually get all 5 cousins in a picture if it takes this to get all 4! )

Saturday morning Robert had to work, so I called Kim to see if she wanted to meet us at the park - we haven't seen all the kids for awhile. We were going to Del Valle but it was packed so we went to Mayfair park... did you know they have a wading pool????????? I didn't - but it's totally cute. My kids only lasted about 30 minutes and wanted to go home - well not Jack of course. I really wanted to stay and visit because Jeana had just gotten there with the girls too. Oh well, Kade pretty much turned into a nightmare of not wanting to share his scooter so I had had enough after a few of his outbursts!
Look, the boys have the same expression on their face! Cute!!

Abby is fearless!! She is so entertaining to watch

Jack in his element, loving the water and concentrating on what it's doing

Trevor and Kyla taking a break from the cold water and getting some sun!

The rest of Saturday involved more big pool swimming for Kyla and Robert, a trip to Target for stuff and baseball gloves for K & K, Mommy and Jack time ( he was extra loving and giggly with me, I had to capture it on camera ) and lots of dancing and singing.. Notice the stuff on Kade's headboard - he must sleep with his hat, bat, ball, skateboard, spiderman box and diego blanket... I've learned to not argue with his passions.



Kade has been sick for the last week, and I'm so bad at taking the kids to the doctor for fear of totally wasting everyone's time. He's been on and off feverish and now has developed a cough for a few days. We decided instead of me missing any more work if the other 2 get sick, we took all 3 kids to Urgent Care on Sunday morning. Kade has bronchitis, Kyla and Jack are fine... just a slight summer cold. A couple of days of antibiotics and we should be back to Kade just being his normal "punk" and not a "whiney, extreme, I can't take it anymore punk."
This is the kids being quite good at Urgent Care

After urgent care we went to the grocery store ( my kids love the grocery store and think those carts that look like cars are the best thing ever... I forgot my camera ) We bbq'd for my parents and they were only supposed to stay for an hour so I could get the kids down for a nap. Well that didn't work and by the time we realized what time it was, it was too late for naps -so we decided to skip them. Well - almost everyone skipped them! Robert took a 2 hour nap!!! I did this because I had plans to go out and I knew he would need his patience to deal with 3 un-napped kids while I was gone. He also had specific instructions not to call me while I was out. He didn't listen and called twice - but just for a tiny vent like I do when he's out.
A picture of most of the group at Islands.... I had so much fun and about 5 margaritas!

This is what I got to come home to!! It was heavenly. ( Of course they all woke up twice through out the night to punish me for leaving ) I think they all sleep walk. Jack though, I have to say just, woke up to squeeze my face and give me a kiss, then he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my bed to lay with him in his bed. Seriously, I could kiss and hold him all day.


Now that I think I've caught up ......... I'll end with what is going to get me through my Monday!!!

Have a great week!!!!!!!!
6 comments:
I love your posts Shan...they make me laugh everytime. I want 5 margaritas! We had a sitter on Saturday night (she was even spending the night so we could stay out late) and I had a damn headache so all I drank was about 1/2 glass of wine and then went home :(
I want 5 margaritas too!!
Let me know how your one-a-day energy vitamens work for you!!
Aw I'm glad Jack is safe about his water wings!! Have they been to Wild Rivers yet?
I was at Islands on Saturday too. I had several daiquiris, which was after sharing an entire bottle of prealcohol-ed pina colada mix MIXED WITH an entire bottle of Malibu. Mmm. Is this not appropriate blog material? :)
Welcome back! We had a great time on Sunday... what is the next movie going to be???
Do those vitamins really work?? If so, I need to pick me up a bottle. Loved seeing you Sunday!
I'm going to the store tomorrow to buy those vitamins!!!
Post a Comment