** Happy Birthday Angie **
I'm trying to keep my mood at frustration rather than anger, but my god it's been tough the last couple of days. This moving thing was not fun, and it's leaving me very anxious as to when we'll get into a routine. The kids are just so excited about being in a new place that their bedtime, which was already horrible to begin with has just gotten way worse! And Jack, oh my god Jack. He is such a momma's boy that he goes through stages of just being happy and goes about his business playing with the other kids, to acting like he is my only child and no one else can get near me and he must be with me at every second. He screams and screams and he's started to hit my legs real hard when he gets frustrated. He is so strong, so believe it or not when he hits and kicks it actually hurts! Jack also goes to bed atleast an hour earlier than K & K and wakes up earlier. Translation: I have to close off Kade's room to him after Jack goes to sleep and pray that Kade will be quiet IF and when he actually goes to sleep in his own bed later on.... also he wakes up at 6 a.m. every single day, while no one else is up and he is not quiet. Kyla sometimes gets proud of herself for being in her own room and sleeping in her own bed - but now she has declared that she wants to share a room with Kade again and misses him being in there. He has even said that he wants Kyla to sleep with him in his bed. I never know if they mean what they say and I have no idea if I should keep the boys together and try very very very hard to manipulate a later bedtime for Jack and an earlier time for K & K - or just switch it. What would you do?? I'm so tired that I just don't know how much energy I have to put towards this problem. sad huh.
Kyla has decided that she doesn't want to go to ballet anymore. She likes the outfit, but it's just too slow for her, she said she's bored and wants to do gymnastics again. I'm secretly glad because after that first session, I have to admist it's REALLY boring too. shhhhh.
I got really bad news at work. I'll write more when it's finalized, but it's adding a lot of stress to my already stressful week. Just when I was really starting to actually like my job. Of course.
5 comments:
Sounds like we need to have a mimosa play date very soon.
Thanks for the Bday note. I swear (and I am sure you feel the same too) I have aged 10 years in the past 3. I am glad you're all moved in. I would let Kyla and Kade still sleep together-whatever it takes to make bedtime and life in general peaceful. Kim's right, we need a mimosa playdate soon.
testing
When we moved into our house, Ruby was 1 1/2 years old. It took her about 3 weeks to adjust to her new room. I would let her fall asleep on the couch, then lie her down. One day I just put her to bed and she's been good ever since(lucky!). Like Ang, I would let them sleep together for at least a little while until they feel safe and secure in their new home. Mimosa's... I'm in!
get rid of the word verification Shan!!!! You probably don't realize it is on there, I didn't.
Post a Comment