The concert was AMAZING last night. Every song I used to listen to when Robert would travel far away for weeks at a time was played last night. I think I must have smiled for 2 hours straight, and cried when my crying song was played. To hear it live was breathtaking and so emotionally powerful, I can't even explain it. And to think I almost didn't want to go because I was so tired and felt so bad to have my mom watch the kids when she was so sick a couple of days before.
Now to get to the title of my post...
We got home from the concert at 11:00, I finally wound down and went to bed about 12:15 - already horribly late for me when I wake up so early. No big deal, I figure my kids sleep so good usually that I'll atleast get really solid sleep. NO. Of course not. My go-to child for sleep bragging ( Jack ) woke up screaming at the top of his lungs at 1:00. We let him cry for about 10 minutes to assess the situation, then Robert goes in there to give him a hug and make sure he wasn't poopy. He puts his music back on and puts him down - the screaming is worse than before. So I go in there and bring his 33 lb brick of a body into bed with me and he only wants to lay on my chest ( translation, suffocate me so I can't breathe or get comfortable )I manage to actually enjoy this for about 30 minutes, kind of pass out for about 15 minutes then decide to put him back into his bed after thinking he must be asleep enough for the transition. Nope. He cries again for 10 minutes, but I could tell he was sleepy crying and not nearly as hard as before... finally sleep. Fast forward to 5:30 a.m. and Kade comes into bed with us. ( Strangely I actually contimplated getting my Kade and putting him in my bed when I went to bed but fought the urge... I just love sleeping with him! ) I don't even remember this when I am woken up to KNOCK BANG KNOCK BANG. My alarm clock went off at 6:00 a.m. to Jack pulling out the wood blinds on my floor length window and slamming them into the wall. I thought for sure he would sleep until atleast 7:30, and I could just go into work late! When I go into his room, his ear to ear dimple filled grin gives me just what I need to start my day. ( and of course some coffee and a vitamin too )
Well here I am with my eyes burning wishing I was home with my grumpy kids and my tired husband ( who is watching them all day because my mom is off ) who will probably call me every hour to ask: "When can you leave work and come home?"
4 comments:
Sometimes I ever wonder if it is even worth it to go out and stay up late. Glad you had fun, at least it is the weekend.
It never fails, the couple times I've ever stayed up "late", my kids will wake up in the middle of the night sick, lonely, etc... Glad you both enjoyed your Valentine's.
I am TOTALLY convinced they do it on purpose! EVERY time we go out one or both of my girls wake up about an hour after we get home... just as I'm in a deep sleep. If I go to bed at 9:00, they sleep all night and wake up at 7:00am. If I go to be at midnight, they are for sure up no later than 5:00am.
They have internal sensors... they sense when we really need sleep and that is when they choose to keep us awake. Some kind of sick sense of humor thing...
Post a Comment