So we went to TJ's house on Friday night because the kids didn't nap that day so they needed a different environment ( and mommy needed a drink ) It actually worked out quite nicely, TJ's house is very close to my work, so I went straight there and had the house to myself for nearly 2 hours before he got there with all of the kids. I sat there drinking a glass of wine, with my feet up, under a ceiling fan, watching TV, IN SILENCE!! What a concept.
Saturday we swam all day and walked with meme & papa down to Mayfair park to see the fireworks show at 9:00 Saturday night. It was a beautiful night out and the kids loved the walk and the bleachers way more than they loved the actual fireworks... go figure? I forgot my camera though, I could have gotten some great pictures.
Sunday we went to Elijah's 8th birthday party in the morning. The morning had been HORRIBLE and I'm surprised my children made it to lunch.... so I talked Kyla into staying behind at meme's house. I knew there was no way I could handle all 3 kids by myself at the park with people I didn't know. Turns out it was a great decision because Jack was extremely defiant. He threw himself on the floor 3 times, and completely ran away from me once. Kade even asked: "how you are going to get him mom?" I thought for a second and nearly said - "I'm considering letting him go." haha - KIDDING. After 2 hours of that and the heat, we went ahead and left and went back in the pool to cool our moods down - it helped for awhile.
I must add through all of the VERY difficult weekend moments, Jack is 99% potty trained, and only wears a diaper for night time sleeping. When these last few run out though, I don't plan on buying anymore. YAY!!! Also - Kyla now writes her own books and activity pads. She doesn't merely read them anymore, she is now creating them too. I'm sooooo proud of her. ( and she gets more and more beautiful every time I look at my oldest baby who I can't believe is getting so big )

I must add through all of the VERY difficult weekend moments, Jack is 99% potty trained, and only wears a diaper for night time sleeping. When these last few run out though, I don't plan on buying anymore. YAY!!! Also - Kyla now writes her own books and activity pads. She doesn't merely read them anymore, she is now creating them too. I'm sooooo proud of her. ( and she gets more and more beautiful every time I look at my oldest baby who I can't believe is getting so big )
TJ told the kids if they were good he would light off one firework....

Riding Aiden's bike with no training wheels... we finally took her's off her bike and she doesn't want to get off of it (o:









2 comments:
WOW, that is a lot of days worked. Is it a lot of hours each day too? I can't imagine how hard it must be to occupy, entertain, discipline, and keep some sort of sanity with three kiddos. You're doing a great job though!! :) And as far as leaving him...lol...we actually watched a mom at Burger King this weekend tell her kids it was time to go and when they didn't she went out to her car and sat there...it was crazy!! I loved the pictures...they're all great!!
I have been going from pool to pool to pool with my kids for the last week. They love it, I can sit and watch and it is cheap entertainment!!! Hint hint, when can we come to your mom and dads pool????? Fun weekend!!!
Post a Comment