I was so nervous about this T-ball clinic, it was ridiculous.... until Becky helped me figure out what my problem was. I don't like diong things that I don't know about. I didn't have anyone to tell me how it was going to work, how it was going to be, and what was involved. I had no experience and it made me feel vulnerable. How dumb is that?? It's T-BALL!?!?!
The kids were ready 45 minutes before we had to leave and they were so excited. I was still anxious but not as much as I was earlier in the day. I couldn't wait to see how Kade would do with having to wait and listen to someone else. We reviewed several times that it's up to "the coach" as to when he hits, throws, etc.. He happily agreed.
I was pleased to see how he handled everything, and also (selfishly) pleased to witness another complete breakdown from a little boy there. Screaming, kicking, hitting his parents because they removed him from the situation, etc.. I thought for sure that would be me - and I'm sure one day it will be me; but you know what? The other parents weren't even looking at the scene that was unfolding. hmmmm.
I was pleased to see how he handled everything, and also (selfishly) pleased to witness another complete breakdown from a little boy there. Screaming, kicking, hitting his parents because they removed him from the situation, etc.. I thought for sure that would be me - and I'm sure one day it will be me; but you know what? The other parents weren't even looking at the scene that was unfolding. hmmmm.
Posing in his baseball uniform....

Jackie's "baseball" uniform - he turned around for a back shot like Kade too but I left that one out (o:
We thought the group would be bigger.. it was about 22 kids in the end - this is their stretching
By the time they placed the kids in different positions... like Kyla on 3rd ( which is where Jack started ) Kyla had to throw it to 1st base, and it didn't go very far. I heard her tell the girl that was helping: "I don't throw so good" so they worked with her for a couple of minutes, all the while she was talking her ear off about how her cousin plays baseball and she watches him, etc.. etc..


This is blurry, but him on 2nd base - yelling out: "#2 base" Everyone giggled and the "coach called him silly - so he got a little quieter with 3rd, said "#3base" again, got called silly again, then was even quieter for home plate. He wanted to stop after that. He started out so strong and so proud too when he got to 1st base.

After some running around with Camy, we talked him into coming back to his ½ of the group because it was time for them to hit. He couldn't wait for that part... see the ball in the top left corner? YAY! I was worried because he doesn't hit off of a tee very well, he does better with pitches.
Kyla is such a girl! LOL - she hit the ball though. She absolutely loved it!!! She didn't want to leave. I can't wait for soccer to start in August - I can tell she's going to be so into it.


I'm such a horrible mommy and forgot snacks and drinks for the kids, and all Jack kept saying over and over, was: "mom, I want some apple juice, I'm thirsty." Auntie Becky saved the day with having some juice from their dinner in the car...... Jack hesitated at first, then when he found out he could "have it" he was happy to take it. Thanks Camy!











1 comment:
I can totally relate to your "vulnerability"! I get so anxious sometimes when I'm about to do something new and it's unbearable! I'm glad you overcame it though and that the kids had so much fun!! They are absolutely adorable!! :) Are they going to be playing baseball on a team?
Post a Comment