Friday, June 12, 2009

" I think I can do this "

A couple of nights ago Kyla decided she was going to read a book by herself. She also told me that I didn't have to lay with her and when Jack came in to her room and asked me to come lay with him - Kyla says: "It's ok mom, I don't mind."
I double checked that she meant what she said - and she reconfirmed it for me in a matter of fact tone. She even added:
" And tomorrow night, I don't even want you to sit on my bed for a minute. I'm ok now to go to sleep all by myself. "

"GREAT!" I said... I secretly knew it wouldn't ring true when the time came, but boy did it sound good right then!

Well, she read a couple of lines of her Dora book ( the kind with a few pictures for the harder type of words that are nouns to help the story move along ) before she came in and said: "what's this word?" about 3 times.

At this point, I had already reminded her that I told her she could "read" her book then she had to turn out the light. One last time she came in to ask with "ing" was at the end of the word that she knew was. I told her and she walked to my door and proclaimed:

" I CAN do this mom, I just know I can. "

I got a big smile on my face and agreed whole-heartedly - " I know you can too Kyla!"
with that she twirled out the door and closed it behind her....

Oh... one last thing - she likes to text her daddy from my phone and she got his phone and wanted to text my phone back. Robert doesn't have a full keyboard type of phone and he told her that it doesn't work the same. She said: "It's ok, I'll figure it out." Wouldn't you know it - she did. The first time she tried it. He didn't even have to tell her to push the button a certain number of times to get to the right letter. Seriously? How does she do that?

I'm so proud I can barely stand it!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

MomMeMe said...

She gets it like you did! When you were only 2 we were driving down South Street & Lkwd Blvd,stopped at a red light. That night at dinner you told me "mommy I know what C-A-R-W-A-S-H spells!" WHAT? I asked? First of all it was HOURS later, and second of all-you were already asking how to spell this & that...at 2 yrs old!!!Thats how Kyla does it!She is so smart!MeMe