I was laying with Kade last night and he was talking about how he's growing up and not a baby anymore. We talked for a few minutes about all the ways he is and will grow up, until I couldn't resist and asked the big question of the year:
"if you are so grown up, why can't you pee in the toilet? Big boys only pee in the toilet, they don't wear diapers."
His response - I kid you not: " Mom, I need you to stop talking to me about that please. I just don't want to, so please stop talking about it to me. "
At the advise of my dear friend Jeana, I think I'll drop it for awhile. He seemed pretty secure in his thoughts.
Jack on the other hand can't wait to not wear a diaper anymore. He will sit on the toilet for 20 minutes and freaks out when I take him off because I don't have a random 20 minutes to stand in the bathroom 20 times a day. I just can't win can I.
4 comments:
Shan, I will bet you $$$ that he will not go to Kindergarten in diapers. He may just need to come to terms with it on his own so I think you are totally on the right track with letting it go for a bit. He is so darn cute :o)
Thanks for calling me Dear:) I always say that I am so thankful that my kids are VERY different. He will just go one day and potty training will be replaced with another frustration:) Oh, joy!
You know, potty training didn't really work for me either. I still pee my pants sometimes. I can't wait until I am old and have an excuse to wear diapers again!! :)
I just don't get kids... why do they want to sit around in a wet/poopy diaper when there is a nice clean toliet 2 feet away... there's even someone available to wipe them if needed. Aubrey thinks she is potty trained and needs to wear Little Mermaid undies (she is so NOT trained)unless peeing on the floor and then coming to tell me she peed on the floor means you're potty trained. It will happen, as you know, but that doesn't make it less frustrating.
Post a Comment