Thursday, September 18, 2008

I really hope I don't jinx it.

BUT.................

Bedtime doesn't TOTALLY suck anymore.

I've been waiting to post so I didn't get ahead of myself, but I can safely say that I am 1.5 kids down and 1.5 kids to go. Let me explain...

Kyla is 99.99999% of the time perfect at bedtime. I give her kisses, some cuddles, read a story, or rub her back whatever suits her mood for the evening and I'm out with the door shut behind me in 5 minutes flat! She doesn't even leave the room anymore and if she ever does she tells us why and goes right back in by herself and shuts the door and goes to sleep. * long sigh *

The boys are still up at this point - and this brings me to my .5 kid. Kade is 50/50. He will lay in his bed with a little rub and some reminders and it takes about 10-15 minutes sometimes. Other times he falls asleep on Robert on the couch or in our bed.

Jack needs to be layed with still, but I kind of don't mind. I get some serious cuddling time and he likes to lean against me and rub my arm or play with my hair. He will go get in his bed by himself, but he doesn't stay there. The total process for him takes about 20-25 minutes depending on when I start.

My boys don't like to fall asleep until 10 p.m. so if I start the process at 9, it can take until 9:45, if I start at 9:30 it can take until 9:50, if I start at 9:50, I'm done by 10. That part however, IS still frustrating. So I tend to not start until after 9:30 to lessen the time it takes. ( is that cheating? )

Last night however - all 5 of us were in bed, lights out by 9:30. It was magical.

3 comments:

Jeana said...

AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon its your nanny I just wanted to say i love you and your kids and your family! the pictures from the carnival were so neat,I had so much fun that weekend. Baby Gavin looks so much like aiden also!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Sleeping is a big issue- that's why Aubrey will be in her caged in crib until she is 5 maybe 6 depending on her attitude :)