Monday, April 14, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEANA!

I'm glad you felt better before your birthday came around!


Friday night I had a "movie night" at my house for some moms in my mom's group - about 9 of us were there and we watched Juno. Great movie! Robert moved the front couches into the back room and made us popcorn in our new popcorn maker before he took Kyla and Kade to my moms house for the length of the movie. We drank wine, ate junk food and actually revelled in the fact that we all got to watch an entire movie from start to finish in silence.... what an amazing concept!

The weather was so hot this weekend, it was a HORRIBLE time to have a garage sale, but the only one we really do anymore is the sponsered neighborhood block sale. We brought our stuff over to my moms house and although we thought it was a horribly slow day - we actually made quite a bit of money... so it's always nice when it's worth it. I hate them, I don't know why I participate - it must be part of the DNA I got from my mom, but it's paying for the b-day party so that's good.

Becky and Randy came over to bbq on Saturday night for our weekly dinner - the kids love their Auntie Becky who very graciously replaced their stolen soccer balls, which they slept with Friday night! I was so happy to see that Jack can run and kick the soccer ball across the yard too (o:

The kids spent lots of time between the pools and the a/c - and were unbelievably self entertaining, it was good timing for that for me, I can not snap out of being tired! Jack was so funny this weekend - he wanted the kids knee pads on his legs and got so upset when we took them off, I wish I would have gotten a picture. Kade spent 2 hours by himself outside doing a water project... I just stared at him out the window and was so impressed with the care and concern he was putting into filling up certain bowls, water guns, and carefully watering and cleaning various items throughout the back yard. SO CUTE. Don't you just marvel daily at the wonders of children?

No comments: