some of this might be repetitive...
Monday night: Kade is laying on Robert and he stretches his arms up and literally pokes Robert in the eye with his fingernail. It happened so quickly - we thought it was just a scratch and it was irritated but upon closer look, we could see an actual gouge out of his iris. GROSS. We patched him up and made him look like a pirate so the kids didn't freak out.
Tuesday: His eye is SO much worse, he can't look at any light and it's all swollen and red, etc... We get him an eye doctor appointment and the doctor said that he was 2mm away from having vision damage. He gave him antibiotic drops -
Through out Tuesday as well my mom tells me that she can't break Jack's fever and I should probably take him to the doctors. It finally breaks but I make him a doctors appt for Wednesday morning to see if his ear infection came back -
Tuesday 2:00 a.m. - I wake up to Kyla screaming and running around the house because she has to pee so bad and she's sleeping so she's disoriented. I take her to my bathroom and she SCREAMS and crys the whole time she is peeing saying that it's burning. I thought perhaps it was just her tummy hurting from holding it too long.
Wednesday: Jack's appt was at 9:00 a.m. and Robert was supposed to be able to take him, but he can't drive because it's too bright and it's killing his eye. I reschedule his appt for 4:30 and take him myself. No ear infection - must just be settling of a bad cold / infection but if it doesn't clear up he'll need antibiotics by Saturday.
I decide I need a break and tell Robert he's watching the boys and I invite myself and Kyla out to dinner with my parents to Domenico's on 2nd street... all is going well UNTIL Kyla says she has to go to the bathroom - we get in there she must have remembered that it hurt to pee and starts totally freaking out and kicking and refusing to go - begging me not to make her go. We leave the restaurant and my parents take me and Kyla to urgent care. My mom stays with us because Kyla begged her to ( did I mention the 15 minutes of sreaming: I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE DOCTORS!, DON'T MAKE ME GO that absolutely broke my heart ) They get us in in 30 minutes and of course she has to pee in cup. We actually had to restrain her and it took 15 minutes to get her to go. It was unbelievably sad.
She has a really bad bladder / UTI ( they said it's the same, I didn't know that ) They gave her antibiotics but said she wont feel better for a couple of days.
She insisted that she stay at my moms house last night - which I was so glad because my mom said that she had 4 accidents through out the night and screamed with each one... she would have woke up the boys if she was home.
I wont even mention how work has been - but lets just say it's been about equal to how it's been at home
3 comments:
oh Shannon, you ARE having a hard week. I feel so bad about all the accidents and sickness that is going on in your house. What can I do to help. Brian is working OT on Friday night-- you want to come over for a drink???
Oh my gosh Shannon, what a horrible week. It sounds like you have 4 kids to take care of and 3 of them are sick. Want to meet at the park after work. it is supposed to be nice this afternoon?
My week sucked, too. I'll see you at the park!:)
Post a Comment