Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Another injury

I don't know if these pictures do the bump and scratch justice - but it was pretty bad. Jack fell forward towards his headboard on his bed, and hit it right on the sharp edge. We were all in the room, and Robert and I were even sitting on his bed with him because we had just set up Kade's new matching bed ( by the way - the boys room is so cute now that they have their matching beds!! ) and it just happened.





Well - true to form, Robert FREAKS out big time... I swear he makes them cry for double the time they normally would. Jack barely let us put ice on it, but we gave him some motrin, he wasn't dizzy at all, he ate fine, played fine and was otherwise ok through out the rest of the evening - so since the bump was so big ( which I guess you want? ) we decided to chalk it up to how tough he is. It was funny though later, when I was taking pictures of Jack, Kade had to make sure that I acknowledged his "boo-boos" as well and I had to take some pictures of those. The scratch on his leg he calls his: "Rocket boo-boo" ???? The blister he is proud of because he got it at Knotts Berry Farm wearing new shoes, and he walks around limping saying: Oowww.




Honestly though, I do NOT know how Robert is going to make it through raising children. He is absolutely going to have a heart-attack. Kyla has a grey tooth and has had a head injury, Kade had to go to the ER due to a toy in his nose, and now Jack and his head injury... I think we've gotten this far pretty easy actually! No broken bones or hospital stays ( yet )

3 comments:

Becky said...

Awe, the boo boo's. I can sympathize now since Camryn's walking :). Your little men are such big boys and I love them!

Jeana said...

Ruby had a bad wipe out last night. She ran around the corner, slipped on the hall rug, and hit her head on the corner of the wall. Thankfully(I guess), she is WAY more physically tough than emotionally. She's got a quarter size purple knot by her temple and only cried for a couple minutes... go figure! p.s. tell Robert to stop freaking his kids out!!!

Kelly said...

What a tough kid. That is funny about Kade. He must have been feeling left out.